1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2008 1098s Frame With V5

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Wardybud, Dec 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Trying my best to build an RS and finally managed to get my hands on an RS frame so no need for this.

I bought the bike straight from MCE Insurance in 2018 after it was dropped by the previous owner. Only the left side fairings were broke, nothing else. The bike was assessed and allocated a CAT N (non-structural damage) title after the previous owner decided not to repair.

I then immediately started stripping it down for a full restoration but I've now changed my mind and going to build an RS, using the 1098 engine until I am able to build an engine.

There are no dents, warps, buckles, cracks or other damage for that matter. All threads have been cleaned and are in good condition.

The bike was midnight black but at one point during the build I decided to use a red livery so I changed the colour on the V5 to red.

I measured the length and width of the footrests, engine mounts and diagonal areas of the frame which confirmed it to be square.

In an attempt to clean up the headstock after incurring some storage marks, I stripped it and primed it. There was a radiator guard used on this frame which has chipped the paint off the little location dowel. This is a good frame for either a track bike or road bike but if it was me, I'd get it powder coated or painted.

The frame is HPI clear and is not showing as being stolen. I paid for a "check the car" report on 8th December 2020 to confirm this and the insurance classification.

The frame comes with V5, registration plate and if there's anything else needed let me know. I have rearsets, subframe, clip ons and most of the plastics available too albeit they are different colours.

I'm looking for £800 which includes UK postage but open to decent offers. Help a brother out and buy this frame so the build can continue.

DSC_9578.JPG

_20201215_185501.JPG

DSC_9582.JPG

DSC_9583.JPG

DSC_9584.JPG

DSC_9585.JPG

DSC_9586.JPG

DSC_9580.JPG

DSC_9587.JPG

DSC_9588.JPG

DSC_9590.JPG

DSC_9591.JPG

DSC_9592.JPG

DSC_9594.JPG

2. Price drop, £750 which includes UK postage.

3. Price drop, £680 including postage

4. Price drop, £630 which Includes UK postage.

#4 Wardybud, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  5. Need this gone. Price drop to £580 which includes postage. Open to reasonable offers.

6. Price drop £550. I think £500 for the frame and £50 postage is a fair price so won't be going any lower.

7. I lied, price drop to £540 including postage lol.

Moving house in a month or 2 so need this gone. Open to offers.

8. Price drop, £500 including postage.

9. Price drop, £475 which Includes postage.

Have a chance of getting some much needed parts but need to sell this first. Help a brother out.

10. Price drop £450 including postage.

11. Price drop, £425 including postage.

12. Frame now sold so thread can be closed, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information