1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2009 Bmw R1200 Gs - Many Extras, 27k Miles @ £6500

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by Fire3500, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owing to fancying a change I'm selling my GS, which has been an astonishingly good bike and has carried me/us around Europe for the last 2 and a bit years. Looking around the web (eBay, dealers, GS:er forum) it seems @ £6500 with all the extras (value of those @ £2.9k to buy - so about £1500) should be about right, given that £5k would be cheap for the model without any of the extras. HPI clear, no crashes or outstanding finance or any of that caper.

The bike is a late single cam special edition "Alpine White" R1200 GS and the standard features of this model include:

• Heated grips
    • Full trip computer inc. tyre pressure monitors
    • ESA suspension front and rear - support for Sport / Normal / Soft modes, Enduro modes etc.
    • ABS / TC
    • Spoked Wheels
    • Beak Extension
    • Akrapovic silencer
    • Spotlights

In order to make the bike right for me and OH I have added:

• Full BMW adventure boxes @ £1000
    • BMW lower engine bars @ £250
    • Wunderlich front and rear ergo seats @ £500
    • Wunderlich side bag £100
    • Wunderlich lowered riders footrests @ £150
    • Wunderlich lowered pillion footrests @ £100
    • Wunderlich USB socket conversion @ £35
    • Wunderlich throttle lock @ £100
    • Touratech GPS mount bar @ £100
    • Cymarc toolbox @ £100
    • Mudsling @ £140
    • Headlight protector @ £50
    • MRA touring screen @ £140
    • Nippy Normans winglets @ £80
    • Denali airhorn @ £70
    • Cymarc airhorn fitting kit @ £30
    • Nippy Normans GPS wiring kit @ £20
    • Abus Granit (Thatcham) U lock that fits under the seat @ £80
    • Machine Art cylinder head protectors @ £140
    • Nippy Normans GoPro mount on indicator @ £30

Mileage was 13k when we got the bike and now reads @ 27k. Tyres were replaced about 2.5k ago and are Michelin Anakee 3. Servicing was by Webbs in Lincoln and Marshall BMW in Grimsby (last service was a full service inc. valve clearances). Only known fault is that the tyre pressure monitor sensors require replacement / replacement batteries as they've started losing their way (Marshall quoted @ £200 for replacement / coding of these). Welcome to speak to Adrian @ Marshall BMW about the bike service history / me as an owner as they know me fairly well.

MOT expires in March, I'll either MOT it or knock £29 off the price... buyer can decide.

Bike is in great condition, that reflects the low mileage and careful ownership during my stewardship. It gets ridden so isn't in showroom fettle. I'm moving to a Multistrada so this needs to go... am going to be very sad to wave bye bye to it.

CE1417F5-6B7A-4A30-840A-55F6DA7743BA.jpg C13F591E-9530-433B-A405-2755A7BB6B63.jpg

If no interest as a package I'll start pulling bits off and selling them separately - but being lazy I'd prefer just to sell as a going concern.

Also have some other bits that could go with it at additional cost:

• Standard seat
    • Wunderlich pannier top bags
    • Vario pannier liners - sold the vario panniers though
    • Kriega pannier liner bags

#1 Fire3500, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SOLD!

@Ducbird or @El Toro if you'd be kind enough to close the thread please. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Closed thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information