1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2009 Ducati 1198

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by fasteddy, Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2009 Ducati 1198
    18750 miles with part history
    Last serviced in April 2018 , belts changed at same time.
    Mot April 2019 ( new front brembo discs & pads fitted for last mot )
    Carbon slash Terminogi exhausts
    Ducati superpole seat
    Carbon fibre hugger
    Carbon fibre swingarm cover
    Carbon fibre airtube covers
    Carbon fibre Tank infill side panels
    Carbon fibre exhaust shields
    Carbon fibre open clutch cover
    Carbon fibre front mudguard ( has small crack )
    Quick release fuel cap
    Adjustable levers
    R&G tail tidy
    Double bubble

Comes with original tool kit, pillion seat, pillion pegs, original number plate holder
    2 x keys & alarm fobs
    Loads of paperwork & receipts
    £6395
    Stoke on Trent 20180818_104641.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. If anybody on here is interested in my 1198 they can have for £6000 which is an absolute bargain.
    Genuine reason for sale, I'm taking a break from bikes and it's a shame to leave it sat in the garage.

3. A lot if bike for the money at that price, don't give it away though fella...

If your just taking a break from bikes and you don't need to release the funds, why not lay it up for a while until your ready to start riding again? I'd be very surprised if you lost any value in it going forward, 1x98's seem to have bottomed and levelled out over the past couple of years so who knows, it may actually be worth a bit more when your ready to return to riding...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

4. Cheers , To be honest I would love to keep it but I never use it? I have put probably used it 3 or 4 times in the last 5 months.
    It's just sitting there under a cover in the garage and I'm thinking of hanging my boots up for a few years?
    So rather than it just sitting there I would prefer to sell it so somebody else can enjoy it.

5. That's more use than over half the members on here, me included. Chances are whoever buys it will do exactly the same. Keep it if you're not struggling for cash and have the space. You may never get another one!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I have put 8k miles on my Scrambler in the last 2 year, 6k miles on my 900ss , 2k miles on my CBR1000 and 800 miles on my Hailwood Honda thingy, I don’t use my bikes for work so it’s all been recreational riding, so if I were to have your 1198 it would definitely get more use, only trouble is I haven’t got 6k spare otherwise I would have snapped it up, great looking example of a stunning machine, should fly out at 6k!, good luck with the sale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Glws,phone should'nt stop ringing at 6k.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fuk,just spent 5.5k on a car for my daughter or I’d of had this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. That. Is a monster bargain....i dont think itll be for sale long...

• Like Like x 1
  10. It is a bargain but I'm not getting a lot of interest ?
    If it doesn't sell for £6k it will just sit in my garage.

11. Summer is ending. Lay her up until next spring. If you dont need the cash, youve nothing to loose. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I would but I'm doing a lot of groundwork at my house and the only way to the back of my house is through my garage and I have to keep moving the bike to get all the stuff past.
    Don't want it to get damaged etc

13. Speaking personally, it’s a risk of anything with this miles letting the gearbox go for me. That’s a lot of bike for the money, but if it let’s go it’s as much again to repair it.

IMHO the 1*98 reputation for cranks and gearboxes is such that any google search will bring them up. Probably unjustified, especially in 1198 variants, where not using a quickshifter seems to leave them ok.

Glws, looks prices about right to me :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. In my opinion 18k is not a lot of miles for a 9yr old bike?
    Obviously it has been used and not tucked away in a shed but I have priced it accordingly especially with all the carbon fibre & exhausts etc
    It also has a load of paperwork with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Keep it mate...you'll only regret selling it next spring when you've come to yer senses.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. You’re in the wrong country, or I’d be on this in a heartbeat. GLWS!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Right folks I've had a change of heart.
    I have now decided to keep hold of my 1198 so I'm taking it off sale.
    I don't need the money so I'm just going to leave it tucked away in my garage.
    Cheers for comments and interest shown.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Good decision.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thread closed then

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information