1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Monster Clutch Master Cylinder Service Kit

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Stevie Tea, Sep 25, 2013.

1. I had a problem with the hydraulics for the clutch on my 2010 Monster 1100 so have tried bleeding the system but I seem to be drawing air into the system somewhere as I’m still getting air bubbles in the tube from the bleed nipple after I’ve pumped a LOT of hydraulic oil through it.

I’ve taken the system off the bike so that I can place the slave cylinder above the master and I’ve also put PTFE tape round the bleed nipple thread to reduce the chance of air getting in. So I’m beginning to think that a seal in the master cylinder could be faulty. I phoned my local Duc dealer but they say there is no service kit available for the master cylinder and that if it’s faulty I will need to buy a complete cylinder.

So, two questions: Does anyone know of a service kit for the master cylinder that contains all of the various seals that could be replaced; and has anyone got any ideas how else I might be pulling air into the system?

Many thanks

2. They only have one main seal and tbh I doubt it's leaking, if you remove the piston it's easy to inspect, what slave you running?

3. Arthur, I don't think the slave is the standard, its a red anodised unit with "Ducati Performance" written on it
    I was a bit nervous of taking the master apart if no replacement seals were available but if its easy enough to take out the piston and replace it without damaging the seals I might give that a go tonight

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok that's what I thought, to be blunt they are rubbish, they have no clip to stop the piston over traveling and the seal bleeds in air, incredibly the only thing that stops it falling out is the dust seal! I could have guessed that's what you were using! Sell it on eBay and get an Oberon slave and end all of your clutch problems in one move, you will get good money for the DP one! They are total rubbish!

Your master is fine mate.. :)

5. Thanks for that I'll order the Oberon slave today then I can stop wasting my time on fruitless bleeding, its been a bit frustrating!!

Many thanks for your help

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information