1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 2011 Multi Overheating...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Robbo75, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Hi All

Bought a second hand 2011 Multi last year with 22000 miles on it which now seems to have developed a fairly significant overheating problem. Idling earlier in the week for about 10 mins and the temp exceeded 115 degrees. Previous runs, stuck in traffic etc, have seen it exceed this. Have seen the 'Hi' warning message once. Planning on a visit to Ducati Aylesbury next week for diagnosis - have obviously carried out extensive searches which seem to range from coolant issues, radiator cap malfunctions and dodgy thermostats but have now come across cylinder head replacement....gulp. Obviously second hand, so now kacking myself that there's gonna be a fairly large pound sign attributed to this but I'll guess we'll see.

Anyway....any positive news stories on overheating issues...i.e. where internal organs don't have to be sold? ;-)

R.

2. Radiator may need changing a few of us 2010 had them fail around same mileage they're about 600.

The heads may need doing also but ducati may help out. Maybe try rad first or get a cheaper non oem.

3. Are the fans coming on?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  4. Thanks Bugs.

Aircon....yeah the fans come on although don't make any difference to the rising temp.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Where in the country are you?

6. High Wycombe :)

7. Ride it down to mine at the weekend and we can take a look together... see if we can track down the issue for the price of a few Guinness (hint hint ... cough ... @Loz)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jesus that's a scary prospect

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It's not mine :rolleyes:

10. Hey AirCon, that'd be great...have sent you a message.

11. Certainly sounds like a knackered stat if fans are coming on & not bringing temp down. But hey listen to the guys on here that have had same probs. Best of luck getting it sorted.

12. Why? Do I come across as creepy or smothing? (I meant something, but spell check came up with a better word).
    creep.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. Replied (traps set, dungeon ready).....

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. I know, as you don't live in High Wycombe. Note a wooden shed does not fair well in their damp, windy hills.

15. jesus you lot are scary sods. Why can,t you all be decent multi riders like me. Sorry i had just waken up when photo taken . I am usually quite good looking with my helmet on. 5012ca7bfcf6142bd1f88a866b5e4edd.jpg d4ea375d5bde68a3a8860a8abc3b9288.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Sorry last pic was when the lights had changed to red & my multi was in the red. OOps

17. That's odd. I actually owe you Guinnesses!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Earlier models had rads that had collapsing internals so flow effectively stopped. Was a warranty replacement at the time.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Exactly the same symptoms as my rad collapse last year - ducati provided parts as goodwill.

• Useful Useful x 2
  20. Today's the day dude.... Hope you have a good, safe ride down.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information