1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Vw Camper

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by Mr C, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Im just starting out on a fresh VW Transporter camper conversion. Its a 2011 LWB in white, I spent about 6 weeks looking for the right base van and literally travelled up and down the country looking at them and walking away from badly described turds with sketchy service history and Stevie Wonder paint jobs.

Anyhow if anyone is seriously considering a camper and wants it bespoke building, we could work together, adding or taking away what you do or dont want.

• Like Like x 4
  2. I'd love to see pictures as you go as we wish to buy one this year to take the kids away at weekend before they get too old to enjoy it/be seen with us. Do you buy the van and then fit windows, guess it works out cheaper that way?

3. Bought a 15 plate base T5 van and had it converted at leisuredrive in Bolton.
    Loving it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4 guys I work with have these now, all bought in the last year. :Wideyed:

5. Yep becoming common as muck :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. If you haven't already done so, I would highly recommend a three way fridge.
    Got a keep the wine chilled at all costs :)

7. I have one too! :grinning:

IMG_4077.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  8. Not as common as these :grin:

nip.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. That's a beauty, can't see in the photo, pop up roof?

10. Stunner !

• Like Like x 1
  11. image.jpeg
    Mine, off to France and Spain next month. :)

• Like Like x 7
  12. Waeco CRX50 no less

• Like Like x 1
  13. Took me about 6-7 weeks to find a decent base van, I travelled the country walking away from misdiscribed shite. I did want sub 100k miles but final straw was a trip to Stratford from the North to look at a 69k mile 2011 van.. Hmmm roapy service history, no mention of cambelt, the DMF was clunking away and the passenger side had been painted by Stevie Wonder!!
    So I ended up with a 2011 LWB One owner from new its done 127k miles but has Full VW dealer history. After the lower mileage turds I had seen Im far happier with a leggier van. Not sure what its was in its previous life but it had been wrapped so the bodywork is immaculate as is the Cab.

Will do a story so far later.... Got to dash out now

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cant beat a coachbuild ;)

13043616_10153938613065395_8007067466843134368_n.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. got one of these in the workshop at the mo. a mercd811 exe bbc outside broadcast mobile. the fella has converted it him self. its got a wood burning stove in it. totally cool,
    upload_2017-5-21_22-16-52.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  16. Very nice.
    Loads of room, very reliable/robust, and will go anywhere.
    Cheap to buy and convert on a DIY basis too.

Battle of the beanfield anyone?

Nasher

17. yip. comming on 30years old. runs well, solid underneath. real easy to work on.

18. IMG_0697.JPG Bloke I climb with has one of these (not pictured, he's added side door to his) with double bedroom, standing shower, kitchen and diner. Possibly the only thing on the road slower than a classic vw and does about 17mpg with a tail wind. I've a mind to buy it off him when he's done with it!

• Like Like x 3
  19. i might of seen him on the road. unless there's a few kicking about. in the last week or two actually.
    the roads are starting to fill up with them again.

20. It would be no good on older London town... £100 a day LEZ CHARGE.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information