1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 2013 - Engine Paint Code Or Good Match?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Mark_h, Mar 18, 2019.

1. My 2013 Multistrada has some paint blistering on a part of the engine casing. Does anyone know of either the paint code or a decent generic colour match to just touch in the blistered parts? It's not bad enough to get the casings properly repainted but bad enough for me to want to chip off the flaking bits and stop it getting any worse.

Local Ducati dealer does not know the colour and neither do RS Paints who are apparently their go-to paint supplier.

Anyone done a decent touch in job? Also, what should I be using as a primer. If all else fails then smooth black hammerite will stop it getting worst but feels a tad industrial for the job.

2. Now this did take me at least 10minutes opening vast swathes of bookmarked threads.
    Paint code listed by @Arthur Two Sheds

So I feel its worth throwing one or two more so it becomes a more useful bookmark.

Grease ninja everyone should own this device which is 3D printed(this makes you more sexy).

Scratched dash advice from the cleaning freak @rob lewis

Selection of views on kevlar jeans..

Quality listing of many workshop manuals.

Finally again Rob giving advice (which I now use) for polish & cleaning products.

#2 GunZenBomZ, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Cheers. Useful set of links. However, the paint ccode post shows 4 different blacks. Not sure if it is lightly metallic or just slightly hammered. Any recommendations?

4. Throw an image up of your bike & see if others can offer a suggestion. I've no idea
    @Mark_h

#4 GunZenBomZ, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  5. i have a very low mileage 996 sps (4200 miles and it sat in a warm office for 13 years before i bought it.Both the grey and silver engine paint are falling off. Does anyone know the paint code for the grey. I have matches the silver at my local paint shop.cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information