1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 2013 Multistrada Screen

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Richard 1200, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Yes I know a much discussed topic but still need some advise.
    I have a 2013 Multistrada S. The screen is better than my 2012 but still buffeting. Today I tested a Monster with no screen and at my riding speeds was not as bad as I was expecting. So thinking of getting a short screen but which one? Have seen a Puig short or Pikes Peak style. Any body done similar? I am about 5'9" by the way. Did not like the Monster. After years of BMW GS's and 2 Multistrada's it felt as though the front half was missing, foot pegs too high for my old knees, engine a bit more lumpy?? Anyway not for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. When I go out on my own I use the PP short screen, when out with the missus on the back I use the MRA Vario screen. I am 6ft 2in and prefer the shorty screen but she doesn't like the buffeting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Go for a puig short tinted one. The original one had far too much buffering, if fact at " certain" speeds it would blur my vision. Me an a couple of friends have not long returned from a trip through France and Spain, one was on a triumph 1100 trophy with a tall screen he constantly was wiping the flies from his visor where as mine stayed clean. I could ride with my visor open up to speeds 70 mph.(I am about the same height as you) I have a carrying frame standing the screen off from the fairing by about 25mm and the screen screws to that. It allows you to tilt the screen forwards and back as well as up and down. Unfortunately i don't know the make as theres no markings on it. for long distance riding fully forward and fully up was best. And best of all.... It looks bloody cool. Go for it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I was going to buy a Puig shorty...but when I saw that they had changed the shape of it from the 2010-12 model ones to the newer bike... I looked around and found the Givi shorty.
    I have a domestic source hopefully stocking them this month... and I like the look and the shape of it.

5. I have this one but in clear. It looks much better on the bike and is well made. Fit is perfect. I like the look of the shorter screen makes the Multley more naked. It gives little protection which is why there is no buffering instead you sit in clean airflow and of cause your visor gets all the crap. Good screen suits the bike.

6. I rode 1100+miles last weekend from Nottingham up to Loch Ness and back using my pikes peak screen.

On the first stint of 150miles I had the screen set high on the screen adjuster but I found more buffeting, after that I dropped it back down and to be fair it was absolutely fine.

I have an mra touring screen but I honestly can't see me using it even though I have another euro trip in September.

• Like Like x 1
  7. There are a few givi 2013+ screens available on eBay, if searching from the uk site you'll see some shipping out of Italy but if you log in to eBay.de you'll also find some out of Germany

Prices tend to be similar but shipping may be cheaper from Germany but worth checking

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think Ihave found the perfect set !
    I have a mra vario screen with my own spacers. After using it on my tour around europe last month it was brilliant, it will be for sale next week as I'm selling my bike if anyone is interested!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Better off changing your helmet than the screen. I have a Shoei GT Air and have no issues with buffeting at all.

10. I've got a Givi shorty similar to the PP, the original 2013 ST screen, and a MRA medium, bought from Germany.
    The MRA is best two clicks up on the adjusters for me (6ft) when cruising at 110mph as used on my 2,500 mile Alps tour last month (including a 150mph blast on the Autobahn) :)
    For short sporty Summer blasts, the Givi goes on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I have ordered a Givi short in Matt black D7401NO. Will be with me in a couple of days. Tried various ebay and internet sites, eventually ordered from Riders of Bristol. Excellent price, no hassle with postage so good result.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm still waiting for a shop in Sydney to let me know they have Givi shorty available too...
    which colour did you opt for? The Black or the Dark Smokey?

13. I went for the Matt black version. Very happy with the look and it does everything I had hoped for.
    Hope you get yours soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Richard, how has the Givi short performed since your last post? Looking for an alternative to the oe version and read your post with interest. I am also looking at the Puig double bubble.

15. The Givi screen has been great. No buffeting. You do get more wind on your helmet but it's constant and straight at you.
    Raising the screen to its maximum height reduces some wind, I leave mine about 2 notches up from the bottom.
    I do not ride in the rain so the above is dry use only.
    No regrets.

16. The screen subject is an interesting one , I don't get the science of it I find the pikes shorty screen on the lowest setting to provide the best effect, having tried the taller screens with worse results it makes no sense.Having said that when I tried the dvt its standard screen seemed to provide excellent results and that's taller ( weird science gentlemen )

17. Thanks for the update. I get a weird helmet vibration at speed with the standard. Just ordered a Puig double bubble so hopefully it'll look good and do the business to boot

18. Newbie here, just bought a 2014 MTS a few weeks ago. Loving everything about it although I took out my Speed Triple today and having ridden 80m on the MTS on Friday it appears that the little fly screen on my Trumpet does a better job of deflecting wind/ helmet buffering and noise than either the stock MTS of Puig model I fitted a few days ago. I might be tempted to try the Peaks one as it may be the best of the lot even if it seems counter intuitive.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information