1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Monster 1200s Airfilter?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RexDangerVest, May 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. If you are aware. My new to me Monster came with WAY more stuff that I did not know about when I bought it. Everything is/was upgraded...
    Yay me?
    Mostly, But I am betting that by the end of the weekend (The battery issue) I will have checked to see what my air cleaner and brakes have been upgraded to
    What is best?
    Do I want stock? What if it's a K&N? will I have to oil it? I have seen something called Hi Flo too..

Any thoughts appreciated.
    I love how it is already...

Rex

2. No worries guys...I removed the tank... I have found the first thing that was left stock!!
    I have a stock air filter and will stay with that.

Rex

3. Do you have stock pipes Rex or have they been upgraded eg to open Termis?

4. Termis with baffles removed... Upmap installed

Will that matter?
    I am very happy with the performance.

Rex

5. Just checking the ECU was changed/remapped. Surprised they didn't fit a hi-flow filter at the same time that's all. There's probably not a lot in it so I wouldn't worry. I presume the catalytic convertor got binned when the Termis were fitted?

6. Yeah, all gone. Not sure what was done with the exhaust flap yet. Didnt look yet.
    As far as I have read there is a just disconnect this... or a buy one of these solution...

Rex

7. Good.
    Re the exhaust flap yep you can Jerry rig something or you can get a $40 part from https://www.vizi-tec.com/servo-exhaust-emulators/ which is plug and go and which then means you can remove the massively heavy servo motor and cable assembly from under the seat which also frees up some storage space there for something like a disk-lock, or, as you’re in America, a snub nose .38:D

8. I am betting its gone. I didnt see anything like that, where would it be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rex

9. Just follow the cable from the flap back. Your underseat area is a slightly different layout to mine, they may have stashed it in a different place on your model. It's not hard to miss, it's a big lump, about the size of a jar of peanut butter.

BTW, what are the two plug/sockets for that look like battery charger connectors?

10. Just that. A Y SAE cable. not currently in use... There was a cable attached to the DIAG port and I bough that to try something out.

Rex

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. If you have a Termi upmap the exhaust valve requirement is removed. So you won't need a servo eliminator and there won't be CEL errors on the dash. If it's someone else's upmap who knows, but if there are no errors on the dash it has probably been dealt with.

12. It was done at the dealer as far as I know. It says racing when I start it.
    I am guessing it was dealt with. I was just wondering if I still had the servo thing mentioned above by Paul.
    I will check the bike against the parts diagram.
    Do you know if dealers would normally remove it?

Rex

13. If it says "Racing" it's the official upmap for the exhaust. The dealer may or may not have removed the servo, with the upmap it is redundant.

14. The exhaust baffle motor is actually in the battery box. At least that is what I think I saw. and it looks like it is still hooked up...
    Could the factory up map just set it to open?
    I guess it could be cut somewhere in the middle...

Rex

15. It defaults to open. If it is not actuated by the ECU it will remain open.

16. Thank you.
    I am very happy with the ride/performance so I probably would not even have followed it up further.

Rex

17. I don’t really want to go off topic Derek, and apologies to Rex, but my 2009 Monster 1100S has Termis fitted, has the racing ECU, and still had the EV fitted and connected. It would always actuate the EV when turned on to check it was operating and at times would throw up a warning light on the dash with the error code EVL. A bit of lubricating spray on the EV spring and cable would cure it until it had worn off a few thousand Km later. I ended up removing the servo motor and cable and connecting a DUC-EE in its place. Was that not necessary? Just curious to learn.

18. There may be some variations Paul. I had a 1200 Multi with the full Termi system and upmap. The dash said "Race" at switch on but the servo did nothing at all that I was aware of. I left it in place because it was such a bugger to get at.
    I now have a Supersport 939 with a Termi D181 exhaust. Before I installed the T800 upmap the servo was still operative, and despite best efforts still sometimes threw up a CEL light. Since installing the Termi upmap I have now removed the servo completely and it's quite happy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information