1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Multistrada Abs Error

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Topbox, Feb 7, 2019.

1. I normally store my bikes over winter and take the battery off and keep it in the house away from the frost.

After pottering with the bike today I refitted the battery just to start it up and cheer myself up.

I fitted it positive terminal 1st, just in case that's significant. However, today I immediately got an ABS Error message and true to the manual I could press button 2 which took me to a screen which seemed to tell me DTC and ABS were off.

Now I can't find any instructions how to reset this and once at the screen telling me the DTC and ABS are off I can't make any further progress. Button 1 doesn't seem to do anything and button 2 just goes to the rolling info screen, mpg, time, temp etc.

I cant seem to get to the screen giving me the option of settings which you would use to reset DTC and ABS levels.

IMG_20190207_114831.jpg

IMG_20190207_114914.jpg

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TB

2. I think the ABS light goes off after you hit 5mph.
    Do you have the manual to hand for the other settings?
    I'd check the sensor wires for corrosion, spray them up and take it for a low speed spin.

It is annoying... you've also got to set the time, MPH and MPG settings again!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks for your prompt response.

I wondered about the 5mph thing as well, also I think I've heard that on some bikes it will reset after 2 -3 journeys.

To check that I need to tax it first hence this appeal for help just in case its a settings thing (or worse :( )

TB

PS setting the units and time etc all seems ok.

4. OK, well the exceeding the 5 mph threshold doesn't change the error message and I'v discovered a new symptom, the speedo no longer works, it just shows 0 mph.

TB

5. There's a wheel speed sensor down then. Feeds speed and wheel position to ABS and DTC hence the two errors. Check the connections and sensor face as mentioned, if not it'll need changing. Rear one feeds speed so I'd start there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. So if the speedo is reading then the problem is with the front sensor.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Silly question but you have re connected the ABS positive to the battery ?

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. You little beauty, that was an inspired bit of genius.

I can't begin to tell you A) how much relief and (B) the embarrassing foolishness I'm feeling right now.

I'd only gone and tucked it backwards under the hump and forgotten all about it with it not being near the positive battery lead.

Thanks to all who helped.

Just another day in the best forum going.

Thanks again.

TB :heart:

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. So it was a loose nut on the battery....o_O:yum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes................................me :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information