1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Gsxr Or Gen 1 S1000rr?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Given budget, both are in reach as my second bike.

Gixer has no bells or whistles, but can be added aftermarket, Beemer has all bells and whistles

Both probably tracked. Both probably wheelied! Both probably quite a few owners.

Which would you buy and why? I believe `gen 1 gearboxes were an issue, but like IMS on 996 Porsche suspect the noise is more than the fact!

How many miles to too many miles?

Gixer is known territory, never been too sure of aftermarket TC and its ability to do the job that well.

2. The GSXR will probably be cheaper and easier to maintain. From my personal experience I wouldn't waste your money on aftermarket TC.

What's the budget?

ZX10R ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The beemer and gixer fit my frame better. Probably 7k ish...

4. I could save money getting a used Gsxr and use the extra cash to hook the bike up. [I have $15,000 cash] or buy a new S1000RR. I understand MSRP, But I'm assuming cash can bargain me down during snaptube vidmate the winter.

#4 citerbater, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2021
  5. If they've been ragged,
    BMW 15k
    Suzuki 20k.

6. I'd just save up for a bit longer. Get a V4R.

Ah, thread resurrection.... Must have enough for the R now??

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Or a 1299?

• Like Like x 1
  8. If it were me id buy a cheap 1299 and a monster for going out to the pub . :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Aren't they a bit slow?

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. GSXR. Coz, well..., I just like gixxers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not for you.

12. There’s an L7 on eBay for 8 and a bit. Depending what you’re planning on doing with it.

she’s a bit scruffy

13. Bit harsh......I haven't told you how quick I am yet!

14. I think pauly's a bit of a John McGuinness worrier..... :laughing: til he wakes up.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. K5 GSXR is a “rising classic”. I reckon a Gen-1 RR will become one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The gen1 RR was a game changer ! Much like the k5

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I had my K6 and gen 2 at the same time, the gen 2 was a lot faster and easier to ride fast too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. My HP4 was a Gen 2 really and it was nice. Not as fun on the road as a v-twin / l-twin though for me, you need to wind them up to make them frisky, but for an IL4 there's a good amount of torque.

19. I don't think the K5/6 is worth what some people are trying to get for them. Never ridden one, but the K9 sounds like a better bike for around the same money.

20. Go on then :).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information