1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Rolex Seadweller Sd4000

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by ditchvisitor, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As the title says, an as new SD4000, worn maybe 3 or 4 times. All watch stickers still on and the only bracelet sticker that has been removed is the clasp one, the clasp has a couple of very light marks on it but hardly visible, other than that it is as new.

The watch has all the supplied paperwork/wallet/hang tags/chronometer seal and is dated 11/12/2015 and is obviously supplied with the 5 year international warranty.

£5500 and would require collection

I will post up pictures shortly.

2. Hi,Any pics of the Sea Dweller yet and have you still got the sales invoice from the Rolex agent?

3. Apologies for the average pics, I will take some with a proper camera over the weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ok great - I can't get the photos you posted up - anyway I will take your description on your word.Although I am a motor dealer mainly - I will be upfront with you! I deal in pre-owned Rolex,Patek Phillipe and other quality watches.Are you in the market for another nice watch or just a straight sale? I've had quite a few of these,New and pre-owned - what's the best it can be cash? And without wanting to come across smartarse - all the used ones I've owned have always stood me in low 4's

5. Am looking for a straight sale, I can understand a 16600 being low £4's but not a chance an SD4000 will be less than £5k even trade, watchfinders have offered more than that. I've owned quite a few modern and vintage Rolex and post a lot on a fair few watch forums...

6. As I said I didn't intend to insult you and I believe Watchfinders would offer you big money as they have a huge client base and advertise heavily everywhere.Im a one man band so can't hope to obtain the retail prices they can - it's a bit like me advertising a late AMG Mercedes from home at £3/4000 less that the Main Agent 3 miles from me.Some people buy on price every time but most will pay a premium fit the 3 pointed star above the door,the security of a main dealer etc.Good luck with it - it's a beautiful timepiece

7. Oh! Sea Dweller! I was wondering what a Sead Weller might be. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Fuck me chap - did it take you 2 whole days to pen that witticism? I think I may have broken a couple of ribs laughing

9. Yes, I've been brooding on it. Haunted by it actually. Not been sleeping. Been a mess really. But hey, got it out my system now. Nice to know the sacrifice was appreciated. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 7
  10. I know nothing about watches so I've got to ask you experts, when were the different Sea Dweller models made and what's the difference between them?

I got mine as a dive watch probably 15-16 years ago - a present from my Mrs when we got engaged. It is my most treasured possession. I wear it every day and it has done hundreds of dives on deep Channel wrecks and around the world ... it has even been in the recompression chamber with me a few times when I've had the bends :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Early 16660's had matte dials, ie no white gold around the plots, late 16660's had white gold plots. 16600's looked almost identical and is likely what you have, the very last 16600's had no lugs holes. 116600's are the new ones which have ceramic bezels and a different case/lugs.

12. 16660
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. There are also 1665 which are very early ones, rail dials and great whites!

14. Lovely watch and brilliantly priced. I've recently sold mine and I'm regretting it! Good luck. These are such a step up from the previous seadwellers

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Now we have a watch forum, anyone interested in a 2008 Panarai 1950 flyback? Looking for £6K ish

16. Maybe I miss the point but what does a £6k watch do better than a £200 one?

• Like Like x 2
  17. What does a Ducati do better than a moped say? I guess it's like anything, why buy a Ferrari when you could have a Kia? It's a luxury item I guess!

• Like Like x 1
  18. That is a true comparison of so many things in life. What do you/ one has that you don't truly need. How many bedrooms in your house.

19. Didnt the previous one tell the time or am I missing something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information