1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016/7 Desmosedici?

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Hollywoodstig, Jul 10, 2016.

1. So, has anyone else heard about this 'due' at the end of the year?

10 years after the original.

2. Nope, £45k sounds like a bargain though, start saving!

3. Someone on here seems to have confidence that there is one. If there is it's been kept bloody quiet! That said Triumph seem to 'seed' the media to sell the weekly paper but others seem to be able to keep it quiet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Yes that's what I though, with the Suter over £100k now (thank the exchange rate) and the RC213V-S at €188k I can't possibly see how the Ducati could be sub £50k.

Having said that they built 1500 last time round and both the above were in considerably smaller numbers.

Who knows.

But if this is true I'll be all over it like a fat man at a donut eating contest.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Man. Crisis.

6. I'll just leave this here

image.jpeg

7. No Desmo on the cards, something new but not a Desmo and not the Pani replacement, I've registered my interest....

8. Looks like a mobile cat-fish, gulping air!

9. You haven't seen my missus...

10. Project 1503 is far more interesting...

11. You're about 3 years too early for that, but it's coming...

12. Don't keep me in suspense... One says yes it's happening, the other says no it's something else.

What's the - "something else" going to be, race bike, race rep, modern supermono?

13. Do you think people would pay £100k for one, whatever it is?

I think they would.

14. Depends what 'it' is. For the money the Superleggera is worth it if you get the detail. The fact the 1199R is probably just as good, if not better just two years later is irrelevant to that person.

Whatever it is £100k is serious money so would need to be far closer to the current GP bike than the D16RR was ten years ago to command that.

Over £60ish would rule me out.

15. Do we think that the original desmo was that far off then? I always thought it was pretty close, obv engine spec just couldn't be but the electronics etc were pretty close? And gas forks on a proddy bike in 2004

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Not hugely clued up on the subject, lots of similarities not least the look but was massively heavier and less powerful than the race bike.

17. From what I've been told ...

The new Desmosedici will be unveiled at Intermot in Cologne to go on sale in 2017. No idea on the price but expect 60k-75k in Euros.
    It is an updated version to match the GP bikes, so expect a beam frame, updated electronics, etc, etc.
    Power will be 220bhp; the most powerful bike in the Ducati range.
    Limited numbers, but not sure how many. Deposits will drive the production run; the original D16 went from 500 to 1000 to 1500+ as orders came in.
    It will be "invite only" as before but if you've got cash go speak to your dealer ;)

There will be a replacement for the Panigale coming soon as well. It will be an L-twin, more of a Panigale Evo.
    See: Ducati Sporting Club

There will also be a V4 superbike engine in the future but it is still in development so is about 3 years away.

Exciting times ahead.

18. Fan.bloody.tastic.

Just need the Euro to bomb vs. Sterling now.

19. You can blame the Brexit Boys for it going the wrong way!!! :lol:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information