1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2016 Panigale 1299s

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by DRR117, Jul 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its with much regret I'm selling my 2016 1299S. Easily the best bike I have ever owned however I need to sell her to raise some funds for some more grown up stuff and my amazing Pani will have to be scarificed.

'Allegra' is just over 1 year old, she has full dealer service history (1 stamp at Ducati Leeds done in Feb 2017) both keys, service manual and handbook. She has done just over 2k miles and still has just under a year left on the Ducati warranty. The bike has had 2 claims on the warranty, one for a MAF sensor and one for a crack on the dash (dash replaced and the mileage transferred over at the dealer)

This is the all singing all dancing 'S' version. Electronic Ohlins suspension, front and rear, brembo brakes, TFT dash, 8 stage Traction control, 8 stage wheelie control, ABS, LED headlights, forged marchesini wheels.... 205bhp claimed and it really is a beast of a machine. She is meticulously cared for, clay bar, polish and waxed after any clean and I have to admit part of the joy of owning this magnificent machine is cleaning her. To be fussy there are some minor marks caused by 2000 odd road miles but unless pointed out you'd struggle to see them.

Some of the bits I've added...
    Nxr rear tail tidy (original number plate and bracket included)
    Sprint Air Filter
    ProGrip grips
    Ducati Performance Carbon front Mudguard
    Ducati Performance Carbon rear Mudguard
    R&G Carbon shock protector
    R&G Carbon tank sliders
    R&G lock stop protectors
    Puig light tint screen
    Ducati Performance race shift linkage (can be removed if the new owner prefers)
    Ducati Performance race seat
    Stomp Grips
    Evotech folding levers
    Evotech and R&G radiator guards
    DID VX gold chain (done about 400 miles)
    Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3 tyres (done about 500 miles)

Bad Points
    The bike as recoded as Cat C in June 2016. Looking at the mileage when I got her the previous owner managed 107 miles before dropping her a few weeks after the bike was registered. I never saw the extent of the damage but the bike was repaired by John Cellier, aka Ducati John in Leeds. I bought the bike directly from John in November 2016. I know the cat C puts people off however its never caused me any issues. Doesn't cost more to insure and doesn't create any hassle insuring. Most companies understand that cat d and c bikes do get restored and put back on the road. Most insurance companies (including MCE who its insured with at the minute and bikesure before them) request an MOT which is not trouble for this beast. Despite it only a year old its MOT runs out in February 2018. Apart from the Cat C there is nothing else on the HPI, no outstanding finance or any other issues.

I took the bike to Cartagena in Spain in May 2017 and after running out of talent at turn 7 ran into the gravel and sadly dropped her causing some scrapes to the right side. This meant that the right upper and lower fairing have been replaced, nose cone replaced, magnesium clutch case replaced, throttle housing replaced and the brake master cylinder was replaced. All replaced with genuine Ducati parts to restore her to her former glory. As the damage was all cosmetic I didn't tell the insurance company and paid for the repairs myself.

The only evidence of the bike being down is a slight scrape to the bottom of the right fork leg. The frame number sticker has a slight scuff although still perfectly readable (stamped numbers on the frame and engine are both fine aswell)

Bike is based on Leeds, West Yorkshire. Looking for £13000 ono. I've now bought a stunning Hypermotard from a fellow forum member so the Pani has to move onto a new owner. Priced to sell, appreciate the cat C element however she's priced in line with the newer low mileage base model 1299 due to the cat C.

If you have any questions please ask.

Walk around video of her -

IMG_6796.JPG IMG_6807.JPG IMG_6808.JPG IMG_6809.JPG IMG_6810.JPG IMG_6811.JPG IMG_6812.JPG IMG_6813.JPG IMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6768.JPG
    IMG_6769.JPG
    IMG_6773.JPG
    IMG_6786.JPG
    IMG_6789.JPG
    IMG_6803.JPG
    IMG_6804.JPG
    IMG_7055.JPG

#1 DRR117, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I'm a bit put off by the cat C but I have a 2015 S1000RR with all the extras which I may be interested in doing a swap on. It has 4000 miles on it, all round mint bar a few very tiny scratches from being punted off of the Nurburgring the other day ( didn't crash, just went grass tracking and barrier riding!). Literally barely noticeable and could be considered normal wear and tear. Are the white number board and the Ducati Corse stickers ones that you added or did the previous owner buy R body work? Also do you have the tail plastic.

3. Hi David, haven't you got enough Panigale's? ;)
    I can understand your reservation on the cat c, how ever it rides perfectly and it was fully repaired with new parts by John Cellier (aka Ducati John). I do have the tail plastics and the ducati corse stickers they are just transfers bought off ebay and same with the number board which is a vulturebike transfer which can easily be removed.
    I think your bmw might be a bit too new for me as I'm trying to down size and free up a bit of cash.
    There is plenty of photos on my Facebook...
    Dean Russell :upyeah:

4. Hey Dean, completely forgot it was you mate :) No worries, give me a ping if you do consider it. My 1199S is going back to finance next month so leaves me with the R and the BMW. The Bimmer was supposed to be a long term bike but I'd rather have a 1299S I think :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mine is a Cat C the only bit of damage is the smallest of smallest dints on the tank that I'd have to point out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ive never had any issue with cat C's and D's but I can see why people do get concerned about them, but it's an S for base model money. :upyeah: That's how I looked at it when I bought it.

7. Yeah I know what you mean. Normally it wouldn't bother me but I try to keep my road bikes minty mint so would need to shell out for the panels at some point. Can you send me some pictures of the nose fairing and panel when you get a chance. I am tempted to look at selling the BMW to buy this. I also have a good friend with a nice 1098S for sale which you might be interested in, which we could probably sort out at the same time. I put a post up a little while back:
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/ducati-1098s-for-sale.52422/

8. Im the same, and it was mint before my little lay down in the gravel in Cartagena in May. The bike was mint after it was declared a cat C last year....
    IMG_2725.JPG
    I'll get some pics of it now this afternoon and update he listing. Really in two minds about selling but unfortunately need to free up some money for other "grown up" things

• Like Like x 1
  9. Photos and description updated on original post.

10. @El Toro can you close the thread. I've had a change of heart and realised I can't get a better bike than this so decided to keep her. :):upyeah:Cheers. Dean

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thread nearly closed.........:skull:

12. Thread nearly closed.........:skull:

13. It's closed now

14. And it's open again at the request of the OP :)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. Thanks @El_Toro. :upyeah: Advert is updated. Will be sad to see her go but needs must.

16. Prices dropped to £13500. Be going on ebay this weekend. :upyeah:

#16 DRR117, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  17. #17 DRR117, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  18. Open to sensible offers as I've now got a KTM RC8 to use on track and the garage is getting a bit overcrowded

19. Priced dropped to £13000 ono

#19 DRR117, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  20. In b4 he changes his mind again. An S for 13 is a bargain, even as a Cat C. GLWS

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information