1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 S 2017 Monster Rear Wheel Splash Guard.

Discussion in 'Monster' started by steeley, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Howdy chaps, does anyone know if the splash guard from the 2015 model will fit the 2017 swingarm ? Or if there is an aftermarket model available that definitely fits?? I've contavted a couple of sellers to clarify already but to no avail .
    I know the swingarm has shortened between these two models but wondered if the mointing points for the splash guard was the same. Don't particulary like the splashguard but was shocked to realise how much road muck gets thrown up the bike and me while riding recently !

2. I can't answer your question I'm afraid Steely, but the spray from the back wheel is a common and very annoying problem, o_O. I tried fitting a rear hugger extender but that made no difference at all. If you get get something that works I'd like to know. :upyeah:

3. Spotted these on eBay, may / may not work.....

I think some sort of plastic fabrication or use of another hugger somehow may be best..

20180417_222129.png

20180417_221821.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Might be worth getting along to a local bike meet or local DOC branch meeting, and see if someone has a bike you can compare to? Failing that, a dealer that has an earlier model in stock may be able to help you.

If you're anywhere near Dorset/Somerset/Devon area you're welcome to take a look at my 2016 1200S, and see how it compares.

My feeling is that the swingarm is probably the same, but I may well be wrong.

5. IMHO ( and as the ashamed owner of one) the splash guard thing is fugly :bomb: and seems a lot of unsprung weight...
    But it works so thats a pity :confused:

6. I took mine off my Multistrada because it was ugly. Put it back on a few days later, once I realised what a good job it does in the wet. Unfortunately on the Monster it really doesn't suit the bike at all, so I've ditched it. This does come at the very great expense of getting soaking wet and filthy dirty whenever I ride in the rain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah yeah... you just never clean yer bike...

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information