1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 797 - First Ducati

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Sty797, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Hey all,

I am 45 years old and the only other bike I have owned is a Daytona 675 (2006). I loved that bike and rode it for many years. After not riding for over 5 years I got the itch again and decided to get something that is good for some fun riding and also some trips from home to work in a city setting.
    After looking at some Harley Davidson's and not being overly impressed I settled on my first Ducati.
    I know some of you are not fond of the 797 but man I personally could not be happier. It is so user friendly, especially for someone like me that had been away from riding for many years I took it from the dealership and it was a piece of cake to get used to. I remember my 675 was a little less forgiving on releasing the clutch too early and stalling out. This beauty is almost impossible to mess up.
    Obviously its a new bike so I have to keep it under 6k for the first 600 miles so being gentle with it but there is not a lot of negatives at all that I can say about it.
    I am 5' 11" and it fits almost perfect (maybe another inch lower on the peg would have been nice). Acceleration, suspension, turning radius all are fine and better then I expected.
    The only weird thing so far for me is the upright driving style that has me wanting to lower myself aggressively as it feels so windy when you get up in speed. I guess that is not a 797 issue more a going from crotch rocket to naked bike issue.
    Anyway I for one love the 797 and although a lot of you purists that are used to Ducati's probably might not for issues I have no knowledge of yet I do have to say this bike fit my need perfect. A safe beautiful, easy to ride fun monster!
    Nice to meet you all.

DucatiStylianfire.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Hi and welcome

3. Welcome dude

4. Is that euro cycles in Tampa? Nice little shop. Was there a while ago with work. still got the t shirt.

5. Hello :upyeah:.

6. Welcome to the forum

7. Welcome :):upyeah:

8. Hi and welcome to the Ducati forum great introduction shame all newbies can’t do the same just need pictures of your bins

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Welcome and enjoy. Nice introduction!

10. Happy welcome

11. Enjoy and welcome

12. Don’t forget your trash can pics we like them it’s a newbie rule and it keeps me happy :D

Welcome into our mad house

13. Yes it is. Great shop for sure.

14. Thank you all for the welcome!

15. Lol what trash can pictures?!?

16. Welcome to the forum mate, that's some mask'age you and your buddy have, looks like you're of to rob a liquor store! ;)

17. Take pictures and post your trash/recycling bins cans whichever I don’t mind :D

18. Hello and welcome. Strangely you have to take a photo of your bike with your rubbish (Trash in American) bins (cans) when you are a newbie, this is the only way you get accepted. Do t ask me ..............?

Nice Ducati btw

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information