1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 S1000rr Dyno.... Ooooft!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Mary Hinge, May 11, 2019.

1. Not short of poke then?? Cor blimey!!

@Advikaz you'll love this mate :laughing: Beats the V4*

@carson Don't be wearing shitty helmets riding this bad boy :laughing::laughing:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Doesn't beat the new 2019 RSV4 1100 Factory though as tested by Shiv, at 207.63 rwbhp. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Err, not much in it. Don't think we'd notice. But one things for sure- the current top crop of sports bikes are mental fast! Ace!! :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Presumably racers / track enthusiasts could buy the base (loose term) at £15290, get the same engine, throw ohlins at it, an exhaust, track bodywork and still get the price in for circa £20k

Jesus wept

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. great value for money

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. 3year warranty too.

7. Can’t wait, although it’s only videos like these that’s stopping me from cancelling the order. BMW have made a complete balls up of the launch.

8. How come? That's very un German.... Is it the carbon wheels thing? Or are there other hang ups?

9. There’s no definitive response from them. All I’m being told is June delivery which has now been changed to September. I called over a week ago to cancel the order and was told that I can have any demo bike I want (apart from the RR obviously) until the new bike arrives in September. Asked for their S1000R demo bike and been told they’re still waiting for BMW to approve the loan. Now saying it’ll be Monday at the earliest for a reply from BMW

All the while Ducati Glasgow have a 600 mile V4S in their showroom that I could have next week...

10. September's shite. Unless you plan to take it to Spain. End of season in UK.

They won't lend you the S1000R demo bike. I'd be very surprised if they did. You'll get a shitty shit thing. The whole street will point and laugh.... And probably throw stuff at you.

Get the V4S and everyone will want to touch you! Believe me. It's true!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. I wondered where Jim Davidson had been

12. They’ve promised me the R mate, also said I can have an XR and a GS but not fussed about either of those

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’ve got Alcarras booked in October and had planned to take it there but need to wait and see

• Like Like x 1
  14. That is one funny arse post, trouble is, the wife now wants an explanation for my belly laugh

• Like Like x 1
  15. The R's a great bike. Borrowed one last year and really liked it. But @bradders won't agree. He's just had a less than beautiful experience with his. Good luck mate, let me know how it pans out. And I'll want a shot on the S1000RR when you get it ;)
    My rota might be changing soon so maybe we'll finally get some overlap on down time :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I nearly bought an R last year when I got the Tuono, be nice to see if I made the right choice

Hopefully we’ll get some overlap and finally get out on the track or I can bring the Beemer down to yours and let you have a go

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've got a test ride on one next month, really curious to see what it's like to be honest, although if I like it I will be waiting a bit longer to buy one anyway as I want to see if this RVF1000 is finally real or not later in the year.

• Like Like x 2
  18. If I were in the market for a new sports bike, likely I have a deposit on one of these already. Heated grips on a cold UK trackday: what’s not to like?!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information