1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 S1000rr - Jerez

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. confirmed

Base £15,290

S1000rr Sport model with performance pack £18,095

M sport version with all the bells and whistles £19,315

That’s a lot of bike!

#1 Advikaz, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  2. I seen something today about one coming with carbon wheels?

3. Is that the hp race model? It’s abot 70k if so. One on Cotswolds BMW. Thing of beauty

4. And so it should be given its launch was delayed by nearly a year for BMW to assess the impact of the advances showcased by the Ducati V4. Shame BMW don’t seem to be able to transfer their road performance to a competative race bike on the world stage. Andy

5. In fairness, the factory had full involvement for a very short period of time. After that there was very little support, confirmed by Milwaukee and alike.

Also superbikes aren’t a very good figure to use. They’re not even close to standard.

Superstock is the one you want to look at... and the Beamer has done very very well in stock. And road racing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. The outgoing model was faster around Navarra circuit than the V4S so I’m not sure they were that worried by Ducati. They don’t do too badly when it comes to road racing either.

Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t quite stir the soul like a Duc but I know where my money would go.... I would buy a second hand super naked with the change from the BMW...

CE4FE478-86F0-47FE-B056-3B640DD2A0BB.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fair point but super stock as a format is now history and road racing doesn’t sell bikes. Not sure why BMW turned their backs on factory support especially when the S1000RR out sells the competition. Andy

8. Hopefully the prices and offers on 18 model s1000rr will be tempting..... I am test riding one on Sunday :)... Weather dependant

• Like Like x 2
  9. It’s history in wsbk but I see your point

It’s still alive elsewhere

10. Agree. Its manf support rater than the bike at WSBK IMHO

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BSB. Euro Superbike. German Superbike. They do well in all. For some reason less so in AMA. Think they do OK in Aussie SBK (although another suzuki seems to do well there)

12. Just seen it’s got a 3 year warranty as well. Impressive.

I also like the way the plate holder and rear cluster has been designed to be easily removed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Format of the ad looks familiar...:D
    Cartagena?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Your answer is above...why spend millions when they would sell the product anyway? BMW as a company is not as big as we believe (at least compared to VW or Benz)
    Kawasaki basically washed the floor with the competition in WSBK, I doubt more than 10% of the ZX10 buyers are buying based on results.

15. Anyway, back on topic.... I think it looks like it will be competitive.. The way I see it, if you stack it up price wise it's at least on the test ride list if not the short list!

GSXR1000R £16250
    Yamaha R1M £19000
    CBR1000SP (Still not as well spec) £19000
    Panigale V4 £18+K?

That's trying to pitch bikes that have the electronic suspension and things like blippers, I think it sits well in the middle and it will be built brilliantly.

Will it stir the soul though... unlikely. I think the GSXR is the most boring bike I've ridden in a long time but I hope it's better than that.

16. On that comparison it’s v4s and 24k or the big std bmw at barely 16k. Amazing value in comparison

17. I’m interested to see and experience breaking performance now they have ditched Brembo upfront. It’s a bit of a risk as Brembo are de facto, but I doubt BMW would have compromised on performance.

18. Doesn’t look or sound as cool though. And that’s important!
    Just did Almeria. There were 7 beemers in my pit garage and all the strangers wandering in wanted to touch me cos my bike looked so cool. I can’t ride the fucker but it’s all about showing off :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. It looks beautiful and will be ridiculously fast. Doesn't stir my ball juice though.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information