1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 S1000rr - Jerez

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Can't argue, it's an absolutely stunning bike. Easily on par with the Panigale/V4. In a proper colour it'd be a difficult decision between the BMW and the Ducati IMO. Shame I look ridiculous on sportbikes at my height!

2. Money no object, and reliability not as important, I’d still take the ducati.

Probably

;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I think with all the M Carbon parts and those gorgeous carbon wheels on it, it would look pretty superb! would probably creep over £20k though

4. It’s all about stirring that ball bag juice, and no doubt the Pani is slightly better at that.

As I do over 10k miles a year the juice is offset by; less depreciation, lower cost, longer service intervals and a 3 year warranty. I can also buy a nice Ducati garage queen with the £9k change over the V4S.

#24 Jimmy899, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mine didn’t miss a beat over 4 days... all the spannering around me was on the beemers. ECU problems too... I know mines fairly new but so were the Beemers.
    The V4S is a rapid bike btw. Oooft!

• Like Like x 2
  6. 2 seconds a lap faster than the next bike at Jerez (including the v4s) on the Bridgestone launch. Some decent riders there including Neevesy and the 44T guys as well as some decent level racers.

Baron was within 4seconds off his Laptime on his HP4 race which was on race slicks. S1000 was on road tyres (and he is FAST around Jerez) - race pace fast.

Second fastest bike of the day was the updated 2019 fireblade SP - big surprise! But it is easy to ride.

Pretty mega looking at the data in wsbk as well, the bmw is on a virtually standard motor still and is loosing 6tenths down one straight alone! But still 4th fastest! Not bad at all.

01A6A9F7-361F-45C8-88DF-F5DDBA5CC084.png F872EA4E-83C3-44A5-843A-4924EDDB2492.png 79070017-77E3-4DE8-91BE-E083AA766D1E.png

#26 Advikaz, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. The S1000rr and new RSV4 look to be top runners.

Its not to say the V4 isn't good, but it does sound like its harder to ride fast when in alternative company

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. @Advikaz
    One of the decent riders...ex 125gp champion flying past the journalists.
    Puzzled to see him shiftin down down to 2nd gear at 12000rpm @5:27

• Like Like x 1
  9. I heard the weather was shit so not really a successful event. What is it with Jerez? Weather always seems shite!
    I’m sure the beemer will be mega. If your soul purpose on track days is lap times- get one...
    In line 4’s irritate me though. Horrible noisy fucking things. Like when I’m mid sentence with someone in garage/pit lane, and one flies past :mad:
    Ducati’s sound and look much cooler :) So there you have it. Get the V4 tight wads. And stop annoying me with those obnoxious IL4’s.... :p

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. The weather was shit at the S1000RR launch in Estoril. This was the Bridgestone launch in Jerez, where they had a selection of bikes, and it was nice and sunny.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coolio.. I heard it was a bit rubbish. Bit of rain and windy as feck. I was over at Almeria and it was quite windy there.

12. Do you make an exception for the newer R1s?, they’re probably the best sounding bike out there ;)

13. Yeah, they’re not too bad :)

Fired up my V4S in the garage yesterday. Made the dogs shift :laughing:

14. I bet!, I got out on mine yesterday, first time I’ve ridden it this year where I’ve really enjoyed it and loved being in the bike!.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information