1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019...what’s The Plan Then?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Soon be that time when everyone commits to something that will be failed by jan 16th...what’s the resolution or other plans for 2019?
    For me, it’s:
    - get back in riding shape and back to being a quick (relatively) rider again
    - big silver anniversary holiday in Canada for 3 weeks and business class flights for the first time ever
    - finally get the sleeve tattoo I have been talking about for 20 years
    - EDIT 1sr car trackday ever :upyeah:

#1 bradders, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. No plans, just see how it goes, already got the 3 day per week working signed off earlier this year so that will do nicely for now :blush:

• Like Like x 2
  3. 1.Retire early
    2.work out how to fund above

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pay less tax and try not to die.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Figuring out how to pay for the MV and the IOM trip.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bike related that's booked already:
    • Scotland x 2 trips
    • Ireland to include the NW200
    • Wales to include Pembrokeshire
    Not bike related but keeps the boss happy.
    • Santa Ponsa (Majorca)
    • London to include bloody Wimbledon.
    Not booked yet but planning:
    A couple of BSB rounds.

Oh and sleep better at night :mad: however that's when the plans come together, so maybe it's okay.:motorcycleduc:

#7 its me, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Figure out how I can get the wife to let me do the TT, Manx & NW200

• Like Like x 2
  8. Find a suitable employee so that I can return to semi retirement.

• Like Like x 1
  9. - Honeymoon in NZ on a GS
    - Move house
    - Hope for a V4 Streetfighter

• Like Like x 2
  10. Get out on the bike more to justify last year's purchase of the Multistrada. Already booked on mid May Dolomites tour with group I did Pyrenees with in 2017 plus June weekend event with club in Snowdonia. A modest tour somewhere else with girlfriend.

Off the bike; finalise divorce and hopefully be in a position to move out of rented into a house of my own. Once that's all done draw up a plan for the next few years, retirement or divorce were my options last year and I chose the latter. Going to be 5 - 8 years until I can realistically consider the former now but at least I'll retain my sanity and self respect. In the meantime I'll likely have to find a job rather than remain self employed. All sounds a bit grim but I have a decent bike, the love of a good woman, my children are still speaking to me and I'm so much happier.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Drink less
    Look at phone less

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. make More money and retire back to oz by the time I’m 40

• Like Like x 2
  13. Watch the fairground carousel that is life, jumping on and off it as and when I wish or am able. Andy

• Like Like x 1

14. Let me know how you can do the first item.. I would like to do the same... but being a PAYE see no opportunities except earl less or pay more into pension..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ill just be happy to get to the end of 2019 with a job for starters.....massive corporate takeover at work and redundancies are rife (our department has had its cull which i survived), 50 left on the 21st (happy fucking christmas)....spoke to a director last week that was with the company one way or another for 36 years....so, ill be happy just to be in gainful employment. My daughter has won a scholarship at Bristol Uni to train to become a vet which apparently is 5-6 years of study and its recommended they dont take a part time job as theres so much studying....just to pile on the pressure...

On the plus side...TT is booked. I plan to get to British arm of the moto gp...as long as it doesnt turn into the farce it was this year. Wanna go to a Norton bike night as they look pretty good....bsb maybe. Probably stay close to home...as if i had a choice!! :)

• Like Like x 4
  16. more trackdays and get myself an 1198

• Like Like x 2
  17. Get life back on track! Sell my house, finish the divorce and buy a new house if I can. I am in a new relationship with someone who I think will be great for me so just focusing 100% on looking forward.

Also want to get more trackdays in this year, only did 1 last year, not good enough at all!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Buy a naked bike for when the temp cranks up in Correze.
    Foreign bike holiday...... Scotland? :joy:

19. Complete my plan of retiring at 35..... shit missed it again, maybe 53 will work (I very much doubt it).
    Complete more than 200 miles on the bike - years worth of nerve pain is now calming down :upyeah:. Take the missus on the back after many years hiatus (try not to scare her as it works out bad for me).
    Take some time off of work (only 11 days this year :confused:).
    Rack up some miles on the skis and pushbike (skiing not looking promising in Scotchland so far but fingers crossed....).

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information