1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Africa Twin

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Daddy2coull, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Just watched a couple of youtube video's on this, It's got me wondering how much it will cost me to get out of my multistrada pcp deal a year early.

2. I'm interested in the usability of a bike rather than power and performance. my 1200 DVT if far too much for what i need. I've been disappointed but the terrible tech interface, gearbox and wind noise on my bike. I've ridden the 1260 and the wind noise is just as bad. the africa twin looks far better value for my needs

3. GS... :D

4. No center stand..omg :scream:

5. Not just Honda, but the marketing for adventure bikes is sometimes misleading. Why show the tropic of cancer when most will never go further than the tropic of Waitrose

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Engine changes are apparently in response to the need to achieve Euro 5 emissions compliance. Apple CarPlay & Android Auto also available. Quite a lot of new electronic aids added. Does the presenter do voiceover work as a Meerkat?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. New one nudging 100HP I felt the current engines in the Afrika twin like soul less, dull as dish water. I hope the new version is better, but I won't be rushing into any Honda dealer soon...……………...unless the New V4 Sportsbike breaks cover!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I have one of the first 2016 ones. I had plenty of rides on other options when I was making up my mind ...

Multi - fast but engine too smooth and bland, and no off road capability. Mrs H’s least favourite for pillion.
    GS - favourite from a pillion perspective but too big and heavy from my perspective.
    KTM - capable off-road and fast but more limited dealer support near me and the Mrs wasn’t so keen on the back.

My Africa Twin was far and away the cheapest option and is the closest thing to a genuine do it all all bike I’ve ever had. I can see off all but the most well-ridden Ducati’s and sports bikes on the twisties, muck around on the green lanes and Salisbury Plain down my way, do two-up on-road and off-road touring to Europe, even take it all the way down through Spain to Morocco and camp out in the Sahara for a proper mini adventure. With heated grips and a heated jacket I literally run it all year round and with a secondhand full titanium Arrow system it sounds great. I like old school 1990s Ducati’s with lots of character like my 888 and 996 - the desmoquattro is my favourite engine of all time. To me the engine in the Africa Twin feels more like a proper v-twin with that slightly lumpy, torquey character than the Multistrada does.

With less weight and a tad more power I am tempted by the new one, but the cost to change is probably too great for what will only be a small improvement over my current bike.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information