1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Panigale V4 Security ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by PauloPani, Jan 14, 2021.

1. So I've put a deposit on a 2020 V4, 1 owner, 1900 miles. I'm yet to have a look at it but I'm just doing a little research.

Can anyone tell me if this model comes with any security as standard? I've read about Ducati Security System, I'm presuming its like Honda HISS?

Anyway I did an insurance quote a week or so ago when I started looking, before I'd seen the bike in question.....I just put down it would have an Oxford lock and disc lock and garaged. Quote came out quite reasonable.

I did another quote last night, now knowing the bike has Datatag and just to try......put it had DSS, quote came out around £150 dearer!!!:astonished:

#1 PauloPani, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  2. think they have the imobilizer in the key

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don't do the same quote twice on the same computer/phone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The ‘usual’ security would be a tracker. There are several on the market but most that I know have a Biketrac. Costs £299 + fitting + a subscription (several options). There might might even be one fitted, registration is transferrable. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  5. I’m pretty sure all Ducati’s now come with Biketrac installed and a years subscription as part of the price, my 2020 V2 did and I know other peoples V2 and V4 have, and definitely the multi Strada. If you google it you will see the Ducati announcement on it. It’s as good as any other system out there

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. @PauloPani, not sure what happened with your last post but usually, only the first security measure counts for insurance discount. Added measures give confidence to the underwriter but doesn’t get you a bigger discount which is why the most effective that you can afford is the one you fit first. Having said that, if you read a lot of the posts about insurance, a tracker is the first choice of the underwriter. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. @Android853sp yeah not sure myself, I was going to say that yes, I'm hoping there is one fitted from new. I've had a quote that I'm quite happy with for now, its quite a bit more than the blade but I expected that! o_O

8. If you have form with a particular underwriter, they get to know your risk level. I’ve got an almost personal relationship with mine who I’ve been with for several years and several brokers depending on who he decides to grace with his business. My V4 works out at about £600 as part of a multi bike policy. Andy

9. Mine came with BikeTrac and datatag. Bought from Moto rapido

10. Interesting thread. I bought my V2 in October, but it didn't come with Biketrac. Not sure if I should complain to the dealer, might have saved a bit on the insurance.

• Like Like x 1
  11. My 19 bike came with datatag and biketrac from the dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yes you should, it should have been included with a years sub also

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’m sure it will have done. You may just not have been told about it and therefore didn’t register it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. When I looked at the V4 Multi some companies would not quote without a tracker

#14 johnny, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. not sure if ducati have finished that promotion now?

16. Easiest way to tell is that you should have got a printed Bike Trac card in your dealer pack which has the IMEI for the bike trac, be aware though I was given a 'discount code' to claim the free year membership so this should have been part of the handover, unless they stopped running the promotion. When I bought mine, I checked and it wasn't a promotion, they announced in the press that they were including it now to support anti theft and it was a big PR thing for them.

Finally, the Bike Trac isn't fitted in Italy, it's done at the dealer, so again, they should know. If you aren't satisfied with the response, contact Ducati UK and they will confirm if it's eligible.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ok so I've Just spoken to IN MOTO LTD in Croydon where the bike is originally from, guy there has confirmed it left there with a biketrac and datatag!!

Great news......more good news is he said the guy that bought it from there was not the type of person to have......shall we say 'to have rung its neck' :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. You will just need to get the IMEI for it and you should be able to register it. If not, you will need the dealer to get it from the unit itself, which I can pretty much guarantee I know where it's fitted as it will be the same as on the V2 models, but I won't post it on the open forum.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. This is copied from a dealer site (dated 4th Nov 2019):

BikeTrac is now fitted as standard on selected new Ducati motorcycles, with 12 months subscription included too - find out more here.
    BikeTrac is now fitted as standard on selected* new Ducati motorcycles, with 12 months subscription included too.
    Ducati are dedicated to reducing motorcycle theft and helping ensure that your pride and joy can, at the very least be tracked down should the worst occur. As part of Ducati UK’s support for the MCIA SECURED programme, BikeTrac is now fitted as standard to selected larger capacity models, which therefore receive a 4-star MCIA SECURED rating. Currently these models are:

• Multistrada 1260 – all models
    • Multistrada 1260 Enduro – all models
    • Panigale V4 – all models
    • Diavel 1260 – all models
    • XDiavel – all models
    The BikeTrac Benefits include:

• 91% RECOVERY RATE IN 2018

• Log-in 24/7 to check real-time location and more

• Protected 24 hours a day, seven days a week

• QUALIFY FOR 15% OFF DUCATI INSURANCE

• GPS & Radio Frequency (RF) tracking allows us to find your Ducati in the places other trackers can’t

• Thatcham Research Security Verified

• Bike down alerts

https://www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk/blog/biketrac-now-standard-on-select-new-2020-ducati-models/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Thanks for all your responses fellas, now here's the crazy thing! Having confirmed today the bike does indeed have a Biketrac fitted and the card is in the dealer pack with all the other bits. I've ammended my mcn compare quote declaring the Biketrac and its come out dearer than my original quote where I'd only declared Garaged and an Oxford chain lock and disc lock!!!!:astonished:

Its baffled me, original quote was with Bennets and and the latest (dearer) quote was with Bemoto.

Oh well.....deal on the bike has gone through and it'll be in the garage next Saturday!! :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information