1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 V4

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Bn1, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Hi all

I picked up a new 2020 V4 September last year and i’m in the process of converting it for track use.
    I’ve been a bit lazy with it due to circumstances but just starting to get my arse in gear with it
    I haven’t had a Ducati since the 1199 and currently have an R1 track bike.
    E3A6176D-D7D3-4FCC-8EA5-2F6C14AC6F96.jpeg
    I’ve done a few little mods so far...GB engine case covers, evotech rad and cooler guard, tank cover, Rizoma rear sets. The rear sets were recommended to me by a pal but i’m not sure that I like them if i’m honest.
    EFED8A35-575B-422D-9151-135351E06FAE.jpeg

A few questions for you all.
    Is the ABS ok for track use or shall I just ditch it?
    If i disconnect the headlights/tail light and replace with blanks will the bike throw a fault code?
    Also where is the plug for the GPS module located?

The bikes currently being painted at the minute. I’ve got a few more mods planned, suspension, wheels, brakes etc.
    I’ll post more pics as I go.

Thanks for all your help

• Like Like x 2
  2. Is that a tank cover?

I’ve taken the front lights off and no error code or light.
    I unplug the rear lights and a light comes on the dash the first time you press the brakes but goes away if you plug them back in.
    ABS is fine, I’ve only felt it once on track and I’m mid advanced pace wise on most days.
    EBC GPFAX are the best pads I’ve used, but I would change the standard fluid as I found it spongey.

3. I bought the official fairing kit for my V2 from Ducati which came with a lid of specific plugs to replace the headlights, tail lights and even indicators etc. Which is really good, you may be able to get them separately if you speak with a good dealer.

the GPS unit itself I believe plugs in the nose, there are some blanked connectors say waiting for accessories, but I think the DDA goes under the seat, I could be wrong on that one

4. Welcome.... what a start point!! :):upyeah:

5. Welcome! Are you the fella who asked about the headlight blank I’m selling on fleabay? As has been mentioned they come as part of the OEM track fairings kit, which are surprisingly good value. Drop me a PM if you’re interested in the blank I have for sale - in fact I also have an unused rear blank as well as the two electrical connectors the prevent dashboard errors for the sidestand and rear light knocking round somewhere.

6. Thanks for the welcome and all your help so far. The bikes all painted and I should get the panels back this week.
    I just had the road bodywork painted and the tank rather than painting and fitting race fairings etc...here’s a sneak peek... 06113532-B3B0-4522-B620-22C36FCEE78B.jpeg 2FB2AF2B-9402-473B-94A3-05374C6EFB06.jpeg
    Chain and sprocket kit on order (AEM factory) Has anyone got a link for a decent race spec front sprocket bolt?
    I’m in two minds wether to keep the ABS at the minute or just ditch it while I have the bike apart and replace the stock MC with a brembo RCS. Any more info on the ABS on track would very much appreciated.
    I’ve always ditched it (1199 and 2017 R1) never even tried it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, it was me. I do still need a headlight blank and could do with the electrical connectors. I don’t need a rear blank as i’m gonna utilize the stock brake light and use it as a rain light I think

8. Carbon Swingarm cover on
    13456F8A-CEA5-4C0E-B32B-86D215C2EBAA.jpeg
    Subframe Covers, frame & engine covers
    AAD7338A-25D6-471C-8156-755968FAA754.jpeg
    CE4479F7-B784-4810-98B2-41E6E1BEE0B0.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Hey newbie include the parts bin we like them and a bin keeps me happy :D

welcome into our mad house

10. Does anyone know what these cables are for?
    BB66BBDE-C35B-4D86-B759-ED0F3E115CBA.jpeg 911A307C-9510-49C3-8D01-45571DA3F912.jpeg

This one must I assume is indicators etc but what is the one blanked off?
    71E1C2AF-C5C8-4ADD-813B-1A0E020764FA.jpeg

11. Looks like indicators and rear plate light plug to me.
    No idea on the blank one.

12. Welcome to the forum

Do Not Sell My Personal Information