1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Bmw S1000r....that Headlamp???

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Poucher, Nov 30, 2020.

1. I’m sure I’ve seen this headlamp before,...reminds me of something :thinkingface:??

3A9973A1-1E8E-4249-97B0-C0C173B9D74E.jpeg

That’s it !!!...the day the Earth stood still,...Gort !!!

2771B6CD-A7D7-4F57-B5BB-785AE89CF20C.jpeg

Klaatu , Barada, nikto ....:D!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Doesn’t really look all that different from the last model but genuinely think the R is an underrated bike.

never thought I’d be saying this, but with ‘just’ 160bhp, it’s lacking in the sector ..

3. Built in death ray is available as an extra as part of the Dynamic package!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not if being realistic though. Not that most of us are but...Most naked bikes are used on the road.

riders will benefit more from having a well sorted bike, suspension, good tyres, will bring better gains and bigger smiles than another 20bhp.

One thing my S1r never felt was short on power. Short on tyre life, yes..not power.

Not liking the new front light, but they never were a real looker. BMW either have a warped sense of humour or genuinely like the ugly bird judging by the designs they bring out!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

5. No I agree mate. Mad to think some bakers are up in the 180/190bhp echelons

6. bmw base £12055 , Streetfighter base £17795
    bmw m £14855 , Streetfighter s £19995
    Bmw - first 600 mile service £140 , Ducati £180
    Bmw 1st annual service £160 , Ducati £280
    Bmw 2nd annual service £160 , Ducati £280

That's how i see it. Love my s1000r as a road bike, ride all year round and zero corrosion, never missed a beat, looking forward to testing the new one.

• Like Like x 5
  7. They are an awesome road bike. I cannot remember what tyres came as standard, Pirelli of some description on mine. They were amazing combined with the BMW chassis. As mine were part used on purchase I bought a new rear soon after, as the front looked like it had loads of life. New at Newcastle, then rode to Hartside and the back was fried. Not far..
    then 1200 miles later they were for the bin!
    This is probably what I dont get with the huge horsepower seekers though. Tyre wear is so fast that any sort of trip is blighted by watching the rubber vanish at a crazy rate. Fitted M7rr to mine. Superb, but not the same amazing feel of never ending grip.
    No doubt I will end up with same decision to make when my 1200R needs tyres. It has brand new Pirelli (supercorsa? not sure..) and they look more like slicks to me.

8. Where did you get the BMW service costs from Simmytt?
    The annual service price seems really cheap at £160 ??

9. my s1000rr was a shit load more than that.

it was more to maintain and run than both my panigales

10. Yeah !
    .... what is it with headlight designs these days ?

It's like some perverse fashion trend ..... a competition to come up with outstandingly disgusting front ends .

There were some pics on here from a motor show , with a special from MV Agusta , and it was stunning
    .... a real work of art ..... until you saw the front , and the headlight disaster .

Looked to have fallen out of the ugly tree , and hit all the branches ....etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I’ve just nicked this pic from a thread over on UKGSER, all credit goes to Arsey for this great photoshop pic

D8D9F4E3-03D5-431B-AFC0-0E1D0B025246.jpeg

Now if they had done the obvious and used the twin lights from the S1000rr,.....totally different bike!..here BMW, ..take my money now!

All the S series 4 cylinder bikes should use the twin headlights set up and all the R series bikes should use a single headlamp,..seems blindingly obvious to me, if you’ll pardon the pun!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Those are my actual service cost from bmw north Oxford, actually had run in service free, loads cheaper than my mates mt10,really cannot fault the bike, Ducati are pricing themselves out of the market over the last few years, yes I know the steetfighter is a v4 but so is the Aprilia.

13. Servicing on two GSs has been a real surprise for low cost. 1st brake pads required up front at 20 thousand miles. Backs is still going strong. Expected them to cost a lot more to run. In fact only my ability to chew through back tyres has cost any more than normal. 1 oil service on the S1 did not cost any more than average either. Again, tyres were the cost.

14. Really don’t know what to believe on service charges, one guy over on the UKGSER forum had a big service done on a gen 1 XR1000, valve check and a few other things, got a bill for £1140!!.....gulp!!!

15. Valves are a biggie on the bmw, same as Ducati really, I guess it’s all to do with how many miles per year you do and most services are not much more than a oil and filter change and a plug into the laptop although the dealer will tell you different.

16. Maybe. Folks often omit things like the two new tyres, new chain etc. then give it large about the service cost. I admit thatI did not have my S1r long enough to find out about the big service costs.. But, hey, this is a Ducati forum and Ducati prices? The bill, picked up by the seller for my 1200r was 460 euros. That was with new belts. Previous to that it has brand new tyres, probably another 300. Some folks would say 760 for servicing but that is not right. Two separate items.

17. It is very funny that people also pay, maybe 20k for a bike and then bitch about the service cost. Probably a good idea not to look at depreciation on a new bike!

18. My gen 3 s1000rr was the most expensive bike I’ve ever owned all things considered. Parts were expensive and servicing.

Was also the most unreliable bike I’ve owned but that’s another story.

bmw are nearly always at the bottom of reliability surveys, but I do think that a lot of the owners are ‘fan boys’ and generally don’t admit to all the problems they have.
    Everyone I know bar one has had a fairly serious problem with a bmw. But ask them and they say it’s amazing and super reliable haha. The owners seem to be pretty defensive of the bikes which I haven’t seen as much of in other brands

#18 Advikaz, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  19. I heard plenty tales of woe about the BMWs. But, here is the rub, have done about 50k between three BMW. Not A Single Problem. Zero.
    As little pain to own as the many Yamahas I have had over the years with zero issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

20. It does seem like you get some bikes that will go forever and a day. And others that are proper Friday afternoon jobs doesn’t it

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information