1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

26th Cadwell, 1st&2nd Donington

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Richard R, Oct 24, 2018.

1. I did my first trackday at Donington on the 2nd October and I'm completely hooked already! I want to get as many is before the bad weather, so have planned Cadwell on Fri (2 groups so lots of sessions, dry forecast and only £70) and Donnington 1st and 2nd Nov, then Oulton (7th) Cadwell (9th and Oulton (16th) all weather (and wife) permitting...any another members planning on going to any of these?

I'll be on the black 1198.

I saw a few Dukes on the 2nd at Dony, but didn't think to ask if they were forum members!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Have you been to cadwell before? Take warm kit, and somewhere to shelter if wet: there are no garages or power.

Love the fact you're going for it!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cheers for the advice, I've already bought some tyre warmers, but looks like I'll need a generator too!
    I've also taken my mirrors off and rear lights and reg plate... I'm not bothered about riding on the road anymore (unless I get a 996 or something a bit less mental than a 1198 with a quick action throttle)

I saw a lovely looking 1299s track bike a Moto Cubo but they sold it a few hours before I rang.

Anyone know where I can get a reverse gear lever set up?

4. Fit gb moto rear sets then fit an avanti gear lever, works perfect and very reasonable price .

5. Ebay, £25

Yes, genie needed if you are using warmers at Cadwell. Worth taking gazebo if you have one too. Most of the paddock is grass, so get there early if you want hardstanding in the lower paddock. Or use the car park by the loos ;) Beware under the trees thru HALLS BENDS, STAYS COLD AND WET (IF ITS WET) UNDER THERE A LOT LONGER THAN THE RESK OF THE TRACK

Oops, caps lock

6. Good use of caps though :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I think we may have spoken Richard, I was there on Xerox 1198, sounds like you enjoyed it :D. Just got back from 3 days at Parcmotor in Spain, great circuit, get yourself booked on a Euro trip over the winter, beats any cold/wet UK circuits :upyeah:and good value for money. Hope the weather stays fine for your upcoming days.

Phil

8. Yes that was me, good to meet you there. Weather still looks good for tomorrow.. Fingers crossed for the Donny double next week... Will hopefully be in the fast group there by the end of those sessions!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information