1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 2moto Battery Box

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Old rider, Dec 9, 2019.

1. upload_2019-12-9_8-51-45.jpeg

@2moto, what happens with the heat shield and how does the smaller battery affect starting??

2. Heat shield isn't needed although you can a heat shielding if you prefer. Not had any issues in 2 years. If you use a lithium battery with 200 CCA it works as good or better than the standard lead acid battery. I've used this one with good results: https://shoraipower.com/lfx14l2-bs12-p78
    Even comes with foam to pad out the battery.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Once installed, how easy is it to get to the ecu??

4. Lots on here very wary of lithium.
    Is the ecu not in the direct line of fire from roadspray??

5. Yes, understand the reservation about lithium batteries. It won't be for everybody. Road spray has not been an issue, but don't have any winter experience. This part was initially designed for race/track use.

6. Undo the two mounting bolts and it's easy to take off.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I’ve recently installed one, the battery tray is a really nice upgrade once you figured out how and where to route the cables neatly. I’ve not been overly impressed with the lithium battery recommendation from felix though. If the bikes warm it’ll fire it ok but if it’s cold it doesn’t even turn it over. I’ve charged it, had it on since I’ve bought it but makes no difference. I’m having to jump it with another battery from cold.

8. @Wooly46 I think you're using the Shorai LFX7 battery. In hindsight an LFX14L2-BS12 would be a better choice. It has 210 CCA compared to 102 CCA for LFX7.

9. Cheers for that, I have a carbon rs box and this will fit nicely.

10. I just got the one that you recommended pal

11. This is the one you recommended Felix, bit cheesed off to be honest as that’s over £100 down the drain! Oh and now I can’t get hold of the new battery from mds as they have no stock!

936647E1-7DFB-4764-94F3-B54F1BF17035.jpeg

#12 Wooly46, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  12. Allegedly, in cold weather you need to warm a lithium battery up by placing some load on it first, perhaps by switching the headlamp on for a few seconds
    Worth a try...

13. It’s a race bike pal, but thanks anyway

14. In that case, sound the horn instead... ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I wonder if a hair drier would work :laughing:

16. Wow, lucky you have one in your tool box :eek:

• WTF WTF x 1
  17. cordless innits :D

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. I want one of these for a while but according to their webpage they don’t produce them anymore but concentrate on building their racebikes?

Is it possible to obtain that from them again?

Raoul

19. If he see's this he will respond... @2moto

Do Not Sell My Personal Information