1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Yrs And 7 Bikes!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nigel Machin, Jun 13, 2018.

1. this photo popped up on my Facebook from 3 yrs ago, bought my 696 off the internet (ducati Carlisle) before I’d passed my test, I’m now on my 7th bike! Not looked back :)

Monster 696, Yamaha MT 125, Panigale 899, Scrambler FT, Multi Dvt, and currently have Scrambler cafe racer & 1260.
    I think i’ll Stick with this pair for a while
    2CAA148A-4A0A-4827-A90A-E900593C14E5.jpeg

#1 Nigel Machin, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. The bikes probably cost less and get ridden more.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. edit -3 years and 7 bike’s is this a little excessive? @Exige you are excused from answering:)

4. Thanks...……….:eyes:

5. You buy them from the internet? o_O

6. The most honest relationship you'll ever have :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I was very naive Rob....luckily it was a great bike, at least for th 6 months I owned it

8. Why from the monster 696 to a yam 125, was the yam quicker ? :D

9. Bought the monster as inspiration to past my test :) Yam to practise on, bought it brand new sold it 3 months later, not one of my better decisions :-(

10. I know that feeling. Had a nearly new varadero 1000 and it was at a time a girl I had been seeing for sometime was about to lose her flat. I chopped the vara in for a brand new 125 dylan scooter and gave her the rest of the cash to keep her flat. Trouble was I lived in Clacton and she lived in Caterham.

Down the A133, A120, A12 then onto the M25 of a Friday evening, over the Dartford Bridge and round the M25, 2 and a 1/4 hours at 60mph. On the way back trying to overtake a 55mph asda lorry near Chelmsford, took me nearly 5 minutes and when I was about to make the final bit of the overtake, the lorry driver looked out of his window, smiled, did a wanker sign and then put his foot down and drove off leaving me in the middle lane at 55mph with no smiley face.

Funny enough, around town and localish rides, scooters can be more fun than bikes

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I wasn't talking about your bike purchase Nige. :D

12. LOL theres that naivety.....again :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information