1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 30,000 Mile Stripdown Review

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Poucher, Oct 10, 2017.

• Like Like x 13
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  1. Good read and also good to hear such a highly tuned and stressed engine faired so well.

2. Interesting read. Thanks for posting.

3. Ehh ??..What's to "dislike" Cookster :(

4. @Poucher sorry mate, had a few beers last night and was on the phone wrong button :upyeah::p

• Like Like x 1
  5. No worries, Sausage fingers!! :D
    Thought it odd as there's not much to not like about that review :)
    Like the comments about the finish on the bike holding up well, puts BMW GS's to shame as they can't get the paint to stay on the engines these days! :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. It shows what’s possible if you get your bike bike serviced in Bologna ;), and even they broke the exhaust mount!

#7 Jimmy899, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  7. good going - although the loss of 8bhp without tracked down cause is interesting. I assume it's lots of fractional losses.

8. "Getting there wasn’t all smooth-running. At the 10,000km mark it started running on one cylinder on cold starts, a fault that wasn’t entirely solved with repairs to an exhaust flap valve. At 24, 150km the bike went back to the workshop, and while the exact cause of the problem was never determined, a replacement wiring loom and lambda sensor eliminated the issue."

So was the bike running on one cylinder on cold starts from 10,000 to 24,0000km? I assume the second cylinder would come on when the engine was warm.
    I am not sure I would be happy, especially that it seems Ducati had no clue what is causing this.
    Good to see there is basically no wear on the engine after 33k miles.

9. I ilke this pic, looks like what the streetfighter could've been!

Panigale-50000km-1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I'm almost up to 20,000 miles on my Panigale, not looking forward to a strip down as the cost is horrendous. I think I might just leave it to gather dust and get something else at that point.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just keep riding it!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information