1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 3000km Trp, My Thoughts........

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by simon bullen, Sep 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Just returned from a 3000Km trip around France and wanted to post some feed back ref my 1260 PP

Good first:-
    • Comfort was excellent
    • The bike handles like a dream
    • Wind was ok noting i just had the PP screen but never an issue
    • Ducati tank bag was great for charging kit and for loose change, passport etc
    • I kept the bike in sports mode the whole trip, great for switchbacks in the Alps
    • Standard Scorpion tyres worked well in all conditions, lean angle of 42deg according to the Ducati app, very even wear across the whole tyre
    • Fuel economy and range was excellent
    • 35 litre Givi tail bag was plenty for a 7 day trip
    • mirrors are great, clear and give good visibility
    • Ohlins suspension on the PP is superb, other riders were complaining about the road surface in places but it was never an issue for me
    • Nothing fell off, no warning lights, no issues at all (unlike my mates s1000xr) !

The bad:-
    • Dropping gear from 3rd to 2nd found a lot of false neutrals, bit scary sometimes into fast bends and not having any engine breaking to slow you down as you expect
    • Ducati app sucks the battery life from the phone
    • The PP seat is "leather" so soaks up overnight damp
    the "odd":-
    • Fuel light was coming on with around 6 litres left, bit early in my opinion
    Great app for recording trips:-
    https://www.relive.cc/view/r10001555815

#1 simon bullen, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Enjoyed watching that. Looks like you had a great trip.

3. You say fuel economy and range was excellent. Can you put figures to that please?

4. Range varied due to some days more "vigorous riding" than others, I was getting 50MPG + and as one bike had a smaller tank I was filling at 160 miles on the trip with an average of 16 litres per fill

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. That was a cool video, thanks.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information