1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 30mm Triples

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by james bazel, Oct 12, 2019.

1. I recently installed these 30mm triple clamps from Motowheels and they totally transformed my bike, turn in is much quicker and it feels like 600 when going from side to side. These are definitely a must for anyone doing track days or serious canyon riding.

20191011_205444.jpg

20190901_184947.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Do they shorten the wheel base??

3. No canyons over here...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ingenious workshop methods,i tip my hat in your general direction sir.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. the whole purpose of the offset yokes is to increase the trail in this case by 6mm... a by product of increasing the trail is the wheelbase is now shorter..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Replacing the 36mm offset OEM triple with a 30mm triple was THE recommended way to get a 1098 to behave and not run wide on corner exits. You have to be careful that the front wheel doesn’t contact the radiator, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. LOL. Thanks, my uncle was a backyard mechanic so you kind of learn to work with what you have around the house.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah I made sure my compression damping on the front forks was adjusted correctly to keep them from bottoming out under hard braking, and then I set the fork tubes at 10mm above the top triple clamp. I did 2 track days and so far the clearance seems ok.

9. We have some really nice mountain roads in West Virginia about 45 miles from my house.

10. Yes they do, I tried raising the rear of the bike to sharpen up the steering but it did not make as much of a difference as this did.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information