1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 44t Do Endurance On 916

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by bradders, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Was the bike badly maintained and so not up for this? It wouldn't start, then the brakes went - or was it just a vid opportunity?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. *Spoiler* it ends probably how must expect but not for the reason they may think ;)

3. Seems typical of their style.

4. Speedo didn't work, starter didn't work, horrid aftermarket filler... brakes failed. Preparation could have been better. TBH I am surprised they didn't have a backup bike in the van, or have their raceshop buddy James go through it. When Chris said he'd got a 916 I'd have expected it to have been a low-mileage peach given the depths of his pockets. To have spent that much taking it to ES and then not prepping it... bit puzzling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. If you dont watch their shite, there is nothing to get perplexed about.

6. I find them quite entertaining, a bit like Tour Grand / The Gear Top it's clearly hammed up and compared to the nonsense on telly like Britain's Got The Strictly Baking Factor it's amusing enough. With some preparation the 916 could have been reliable enough to have made for a nice little feature, and to go all that way in a van and then not even get a single session in seems daft.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is exactly why I watch them, because they are clueless. One supposedly a biking aficionado & the other a voice-box with some smidgen of comedic value. But they continue to do utterly bonkers things & waste resources that there backers. Must feel is worth doing to get visibility of their own products.

With the swiss speeding fine debacle shows they both rock the stupid-hard'

#8 GunZenBomZ, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  8. Wouldn't surprise me if speedo disconnected as on track. They had the Pani there too, V4S I think, and that was clearly the track tool they were using. This was just to do a different vid from the usual product promotion stuff IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. It had to be either deliberate, they are clueless or incredibly unlucky.

10. As I say, hammed up incompetency. Chris runs a successful media company and Al is a moderately successful journalist... There's not a bit of me that imagines that they're anywhere near as clueless as their "characters" make out. Chris clearly has a handle on social media and over time we're seeing their characters exaggerate aspects of their personalities, similar to Messrs Clarkson, May and Hammond. If they're having fun, making a few quid etc. then fair play to them. We can point and mock, but I for one am not in Spain with my mate playing at endurance racers... I'm on a train, typing on a forum like a proper keyboard warrior.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Didn't spot they had a Pan' there. Good point on the speedo too. :)

12. Yeah pretty sure they had a Speciale there and following their Instagram it was the main focus of their trip.
    Spare spot in a van, stick a 916 in to race for the crack, good thinking.
    I like them alot, track riding needs them really on a social media front.
    To be honest if you don't enjoy their bants then your probably the type that enjoys watching Missenden Flyers stuff. :zzz:
    It's personnel choice, some like myself enjoy 44 teeth and actually buzz off it when there's a new video out and others think that the lifeless, monotone, mundane footage from say, MCN is enjoyable.
    Each to their own.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Seems a fair comparison to me. Bikers Top Gear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I like 'em. Especially when its cold and I cant be arsed to ride me bikes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. At the beginning of the vid they talk about the Speciale.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I live close to where that Missenden bloke is and often ride the same roads around Chequers. I really hope I see him out one day as Im gonna blow him into the weeds :eek:
    He is both annoying and DULL at the same time - quite an accomplishment.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. That 1199/1299 panigale he said he was was hanging onto was a 899 :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. To be fair an old buggered 916 against a slicked up 899 it's still an uneven fight.
    Also I'm no Vale but did you see matey on that's body position, christ.

19. It was just the way he was really happy because he was keeping up with what he thought was a 11/1299, pub bragging rights and all that

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information