1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

450 Mile Paul Smart For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by SP4S, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Fellow Members,

I have decided to sell my 2006 Paul Smart Replica with just over 400 miles on the clock from new. The thread of how and when i came about the bike was posted just under a yr ago in the SC section. The short version is that i bought the bike from a chap (hedge fund manager) in London who hadnt used it in seven years and was languishing in his garage together with other exotica. I bought it last November and set about servicing it and getting it road worthy.

It really is like new, still retaining its yellow torque setting pen markings on most of the bolts/nuts. As you would expect from such a low mileage bike, mechanically its perfect.

My plan was to keep it and use it for sunny days, with a view to keeping it for a few years and enjoying it as often as i can. But with a busy workload and a Fireblade as my everyday bike, it appears as thought the bike will not be used as often as i would like. Since its been in my possession, i have done just over 100 miles in 11 months. I bought the bike with 333 miles on the clock.

When i first got the bike i was determined to keep it for as long as possible, its such a pretty looking machine, every ride resulted in admiring comments/glances from other motorcyclists/car drivers. Im a big fan of the early 90's Dukes, i have 851/888's and was not too keen on the retro SC range, but my opinion has changed dramatically.

I ordered a full Sil Moto system, but so far have only fitted the Silencers which make a dramatic improvement to the sound. The cost of the system was £1300, this is negotiable.

Now we come to the tricky question of placing a value/selling price on the bike. Dealers on the Bay of doom are asking, and selling, i hasten to add similar bikes with mileages of 5000/7000 for £15,000 and above.

There are a few minor cosmetic issues which need addressing, the chrome on the plastic indicators is pitted (i have two brand new spare indicators), as well as on the clutch cover and the spokes. It needs a half a day spending on it to clean it up, which i will if i get a potential buyer. I know i should have done it before, but i have been working 6/7 days a week and the bike is parked at my mums garage which is a 15 miles from where i currently live.

I would like to achieve a of figure ABOVE what the dealers are asking as i feel it's a very unique bike that would be a great addition to a collection or for someone who wants a bike that is like the day it left the factory. The seat is perfect as is underneath it, like new as seen in the pics.

Im not in a rush to sell it so dont really want to let it go for less than what the dealers are asking for. More importantly, i HATE Ebay, i will only use it as a last resort and would rather let it go to a fellow enthusiast.

I have three keys and all the booklets as well as the original bill of sale from Daytona Ruislip.

Apologies for the long winded preamble. I have attached a few pictures, any questions feel free to ask.

Would £17,000 be a reasonable figure to ask?

Inda

Mixed Pics 322.JPG

Jan 2014 331.JPG

Jan 2014 332.JPG

Jan 2014 335.JPG

Jan 2014 330.JPG

Jan 2014 334.JPG

bike 028.JPG

#1 SP4S, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. So just to confirm, you want £15,000 for it?

3. Matt

I have edited my post.

• Like Like x 1
  4. There's a few for sale at £14 - £15k but they've been around a long time at that price and look at the other SC's for sale, all hanging around at the advertised prices, some for 6 months...

I'm sure it will sell, perhaps to another wealthy London banker ?

Good luck....

5. Are those Stevie Wonder glasses :cool: to go with your guide dog Matt? These things are a complete travesty to the original period bikes and a disaster design-wise in their lines and proportions. They are also made of cheese

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. £17k ? Wowzers. Glwts it's lovely bike but ....

7. I like it so....:Mooning:

8. Its very pretty but personally i wouldnt pay more than 7k. Its just a parts bin special fundamentally. Plus I am cheap. Good luck though. :upyeah:

9. Nice but 17K, so you buy it and what leave it in a room to stare at? and hope that a zero mile one doesn't come up to scupper your 'investment' or use it therefore devaluing it immediately. £17k gets you a nice very nice bevel or something with history and provenance. Good luck I love them but not 17 big ones of love

10. Good luck with the sale. Just wondered if you had seen this before setting your asking price?

Dealer bike, 728 miles on the clock - £14,999:

Italia Moto

11. Guys. I'm just testing the market, 17k was based on what the dealers are asking for higher mileage bikes.

12. OK, if I buy a lottery ticket this week and the number comes up. I'm your man.

13. I'll give you £10k. Final offer.

14. Not so very different under the skin from a 1000ss which can be bought for circa £2k. Call me a gap toothed, bow legged optically challenged chap if you like but I prefer the looks of the 900ssie/ 1000ssie range too .

15. I love the Paul Smart. I just don't have the cash.
    Far nicer than the 90's 900ss. Far far nicer.

16. Each to their own .... but ... :Mooning: ... is that your head you have up there? ;)

17. yah boo sucks.

18. maybe :Angelic:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information