1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6"2' Hypermotard

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Guy, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Hi all, I'm looking at the hyperstrada as a daily commuter 9 miles on B roads. I'm 6'2" (big build) and want to be able to take my wife on occasional trips and potentially a couple of days a week commuting 50 miles on motorway up to London. Any hypermotard owner out there with advice.
    Thanks in advance
    Guy

2. Why not take the bike for a test ride and take your wife with you to see if it fits the bill.
    I'm 6'2'' and have the Hyper 1100 but I do not think the Hyper is suited to pillions.
    However there is another thread on here where others have different opinions to me.

3. Ive said before on another thread but ive been on the back of my old hyper 1100 evo...im not a small bloke (15stone 5'9"ish) and my mate driving was/is the best part of 17st at 6'2". I actually found it ok...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Thanks guys, I appreciate it. G

5. Just out of interest, would the monster 821 provide a better platform for my needs?
    Is it comfortable 2 up and on motorways?
    Thanks guy

6. i dont think its the bike (821 or 1100) platform but more the fact that its an sp or not....the sp's are normally an inch or 2 higher for more ground clearance....im not sure the non sp's suspension can be configured to go up that high...i expect someone will be able to confirm that....ive had an evo 1100 and now and sp and yes the sp feels a fair bit higher....

7. I think the 2014 -2016 monster 1200 had an adjustable seat height, not sure about the 821 though.

8. you can get a higher seat for the 821 but, the sp, the whole bike is higher....

9. Yup, I am 6' 1" and pretty much on tip toes at a standstill on my 821SP. Can't really help with the pillion question as I've never taken one on it.

10. I'm 6'1 17 stone and my 939SP is spot on. As for pessengers, It's fine, just wouldn't like to be sat on it too long. Great bike though!

11. I’m 6’2”and have a 939 Hypermotard and I think it’s perfect for me. Haven’t taken my wife on it yet, so no idea about pillion comfort. You can get different seats, which may suit pillions more than the std one. I bought the racing seat as I found it hard to move back far enough on the std one.
    The only monster I rode was a small one and I found it quite cramped.

12. I’m 6’2”and have a 939 Hypermotard and I think it’s perfect for me. Haven’t taken my wife on it yet, so no idea about pillion comfort. You can get different seats, which may suit pillions more than the std one. I bought the racing seat as I found it hard to move back far enough on the std one.
    The only monster I rode was a small one and I found it quite cramped.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information