1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

600ss Vent Pipe

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Cabhan, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Good afternoon,

I have bought my first bike,beautifull 600ss with only 9300 miles on it. When I was charging the battery I have notice the rubber pipe on the lefthand side which looks like it should be connected to something. The end of pipe run down under the bike so I guess it should be some kind of venting pipe?? Thank you for your answers. Cabhan

489040_b71bbc63084d1500a75d004a5d5aec0b.jpg

489041_aae9b64502c3da855e41bf2dcbcad6d5.jpg

2. Welcome aboard:upyeah:look under the tank and you will see where it locates:thinkingface:

3. Welcome Cabhan, both to the forum and SS ownership.

That is indeed a vent, for the battery, which usually connets on the side of a lead acid battery. The Motobatt batteries are absorbed glass mat, so the vent is at the moment, redundant.

Ian

4. It could be the vent for the tank, however thats usually routed with the fuel lines is it not? Also on the other side.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Knowledge is power:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's the battery vent, which is not required for the battery which is fitted.
    It isn't the tank vent.....you can see that item in the first photo.

7. Thanks everyone for reply :upyeah:! It did surprise me, as vent pipe for my car battery is much much smaller then this,so never though of that!

I would have another question please,should I turn off the Fuel Petcock when not using it for couple days or its not necessary?

8. A lay up over winter, yes, a few days, no. The fuel petcocks are fragile. I never wind it all the way as it can sieze.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information