1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

675 Conundrum

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Bondy7070, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Slight puzzle I could do with a hand solving.
    Long story short, here we go...
    Losing power at Donny a couple months back mid rev range, almost like it was going into limp mode.
    Asked the mech experts there and was told “bet its your quick shifter, disconnect it”. Didn’t even know how to do that so in proper pathetic fashion packed the van up and buggered off home thinking not a chance its that, after googling and being certain it was fuelling/tea bag.
    Dropped it into the local garage up Edinburgh, guy says aye your tanks rusted and your tea bags gipping, so bought a new one. He double checked my loom and that as he said it was a complete mess so re did that and I picked it up good to go with it going all the way up through the revs fine but not under load.
    2 laps into a session at Caldwell, was running beautiful, then happened again. Cussing swearing packed up again took it back, matey got 250 quid into it, cleaning injectors and what not, new plugs, every connector off and checked, also tried another set of coils.
    Had to go down south for work reasons, so new garage, its had the throttle bodies off, stripped and cleaned, new TPS. Still no luck.
    Ya know I’m starting to think, maybe disconnect the quickshifter?

For info, 07 Engine, stock, 5700 miles, HM QS, no blipper.

ADF4CBC5-657E-4D81-BE1F-D9E03DB14150.jpeg

2. You’ve had all the usual stuff replaced by the look of it. Coils, fuel filter, tps. Don’t know how triumphs work but could it be a pick up fault/ common older Ducati issue, breaks down as it gets hotter and feels like it’s running out fuel.

just follow the wires for the QS and remove them. Not sure if yours are connected to ignition coils somehow, or if it’s a triumph one it’s plug and play iirc so supper easy to remove

• Like Like x 1
  3. Have you fucked about with the airbox or changed the air filters?

My mate has a similar sounding problem on a Firestorm and it turned out to be someone removing something from the airbox that only appeared when going along due to the air going in at speed, it was fine on the dyno until they put the fans on blowing air into the airbox to simulate riding.

Also, does it have an exhaust valve thingy? Could be stuck?

Personally I think it needs to go to a mechanic with a dyno.

I'd also be removing anything non standard.

Does it have a Bazzaz(?) or Power Commander?

• Like Like x 1
  4. On the gixer, there is a small vacuum tube on the rear that is easy not to connect but if you don’t it has a similar problem.

#4 bradders, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The first garage had it on a Dyno and still couldn't work out what the drama was.
    As far as I know there's been no fiddling with the air filters or nout.
    Exhaust has a baffle in? But have tried with it out. It's a full system Scorpion if that helps.
    Last I heard from the mechanic he said hell get the QS off, but that was a week ago so bugger knows.
    Cheers for the help I'll forward these to him tomorrow.
    It's a lovely bike just I can't be bledy chewed with these 13 year old bike dramas.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information