1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 7.5a Fuse Blown

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by BaggaZee, Sep 7, 2017.

1. I was having a blast at the weekend when the dash went blank and I lost power, thankfully on a straight. A bit of roadside troubleshooting revealed that the 7.5A fuse on the headlight housing had blown. A quick check of the wiring diagram showed that the only things on that circuit are the killswitch, starter button and ECU.
    I checked the switches, all good, so am at a loss to understand why the fuse blew. I'm hoping it's not an ECU issue!

Anyway, obviously no garages in the area carried fuses so I had it recovered home, stuck a new fuse in it and it's been as good as gold.

Has anyone else had this issue and found out the root cause? I'd rather this didn't happen again mid-corner, it could have been a very different outcome.

2. Check your rad fans. See if it is getting jammed. This blows fuses.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ta, will have a look. I'll be surprised though, not on that circuit.

4. You're prob correct, but Ive learnt after over 20yrs of Ducati ownership never to be surprised. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Intermittent short circuit from a chafed wire??

6. A stuck rad fan will cause the orange check light to come on.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. A couple of things to check, thanks. Haven't been near it since, will check & report back...

8. Ok so I checked it over briefly before heading out and I couldn't find anything obvious. 50miles into the ride and the same thing happened. I had a fuse this time so stuck it in and rode home. I'll need to properly strip it down and test everything. I don't fancy the hefty bills involved in the workshop tracing an intermittent electrical problem. :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information