1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 70mm And Fairings

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Wazza, Jan 31, 2017.

1. IMG_1764.JPG IMG_1763.JPG
    Pics are of right hand side if looking from the front of the bike I m running a full EVO 70mm exhaust which is melting the lower fairing eek
    Has anyone else had this problem ?
    If I bought carbon ones does anyone know if they would melt as well

2. So, the 70mm system is known to cause interface issues with both the standard 2 piece lower fairing and the belly pan. I have added 2 layers of self adhesive heat resistance aluminium foil tape to the inside of the belly pan and tried to maximise the available gap before doing all the fixings up tight. Did the same to my 853 that runs a 54mm race system and I do think it has made a difference. Andy

3. So if I look for a tape what temp does it need to resist?

4. I got some from a local motor factor and it said 300 Celcius on the label. Andy

5. It looks like it's been whacked upwards Wazza? Has this not caused the system to touch? It's a strange place to touch in the middle of a straight run. :Wideyed:

6. This is the first time I ve had the fairings off since getting it in the summer so you think the fairing may have been already been damaged I never thought of that...

7. It shouldn't have that kink in it. They are flat bottomed.

8. I thought the burning caused the kink

9. I don't know Wazza, but it shouldn't be like that.

10. I agree mate thanks

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. IMG_1767.JPG
    Looks like melted to me

12. Yep, it's definitely been touching. But the indentation is very sharp and I think is more the cause than the effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Looks like the rubber bung which spaces the panel away from the exhaust, and presumably acts as a bit of a heat shield has gone missing, allowing the small bracket attached to the exhaust, that the bung fits into, to come in contact with the panel and subsequently melt it, had the same problem with my 1198.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The exhaust is titanium ,welding something to it cause prove very costly,

15. The 70mm system comes with this small bracket already fitted but the rubber bung/ spacer attached to it seems to go missing, hence contact with the panel!

16. Don't even remember reading the thread. Must of hit it by mistake.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. It's common to see these exhaust for sale with the bottom pipe a bit flattened.

18. It did seem a bit random Adam. :D

19. The flattened lower pipe is standard for the 70mm road system.

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information