1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748/916/996/998

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by slomogadgie, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Hello,
    I was wondering if there are any opinions or thoughts on the model that would be classed as the class to have. Not including R/S/SP versions etc.
    I seem to think the 916 is the classic, with the others following closely behind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 748 is nicest to ride IMHO. 853 even better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 916, no question. Its THE bike. No-one ever writes an article saying 748, 996, 998 etc. Its always 916 - Massimo's masterpiece. Sure the 996 and 998 make more power, but who cares? Besides the slab sided 998 etc isnt as pretty. No it isnt, it isnt...no returns...ner

Buy a good unadulterated one. Choose wisely. Fabulous machine and mine still makes me smile.

• Like Like x 2
  4. A return: (ner) the wheels on the classic look shit, making the whole bike look shit when compared to the 998 (true) :yum

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. Late 996 with 5 spoke wheels. Best of both worlds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Set a budget and then find the nicest bike that fits that budget, be it 916, 748, 996 or 998. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with any of those models. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. your missing the cheap 749 as a great bike to ride for virtually no money to buy. I think it may well keep its money if not increase in future which isnt why I bought it but might be a consideration for you. way better than the 748 it replaced. looks really grown on me after a year of ownership. best £3k you will spend imho.

8. I might have some 5 spokes for sale :thinkingface:

9. Andy has said it all with post #6
    but the original 916 strada 1994 model:upyeah:
    I have the 916 sps / 996R and they are both beautiful in looks and sound and the ride is like Cindy crawford:)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ive seen your idea of design elsewhere and chintz springs to mind. :p

Double ner with double no returns.

11. The original wheels work well but also the marchesini/marvic are a must have:upyeah::blush: DSCN4682[1].JPG

• Like Like x 3
  12. now you've got me....slab sided???

13. Without the large vent on the fairing side:upyeah:

14. No you haven't, I am anti chintz (is chintz your pet name for Chizel btw) :thinkingface:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  15. EX,,,I think he's talking about the multi coloured 996R:thinkingface:

16. All I am doing to that is putting it right - so he's wrong again :innocent:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I bet youve got a mullet. Coz youre so 1982. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Only in my memory, virile and baldish now o_O

19. well there you go....never noticed that before

20. "food for thought for you":upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information