1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748 Clocks

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Paul_748, May 11, 2018.

1. Hi everyone - just wondered if someone can assist with some knowledge on speed/rev/temp clocks pls?

I am looking at getting some replacement clocks for a '98 748 and have found several part numbers even for the same mph/degf clocks that I have currently. ( 40020091D/40020141D/40020151A)

I would have thought all would be fine ( same inputs/outputs) or am I missing something ?

Cheers for any assistance

2. this one is for Nelly or your local dealer for the correct numbers for your machine:upyeah:

3. As above, if those numbers are live then any dealer like MotoRapido will be able to tell you if it’s merely a part number supersede or whether there is physically anything different between them. Obviously they are doing you a favour if you are not buying from them but as long as a habit isn’t made of it then they are fine. You could get a price while you’re at it as you might be surprised.

4. Cheers gents

And yup - just don't like doing that thing of "I'm not buying from you but please can you help....." hence the chance to pick some collective forum brains/knowledge - even if it did cost me a packet of wotsits :eek:

5. one thing we can tell you is that Rev counters compatible with a 916 using P8 will not work on anything else.
    if you do get a set where the rev counter doesnt work before junking it check its not for use with P8 they are like rocking horse poo

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. You are looking for an absolute Anorak clad Einstein on here then, very little hope but good luck :)

7. I like Wotsits!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. This may help a little for MY01 748, 996 and surprisingly 998
    40020151A is the part number for 748E S and R, 996 and 998 from MY01-03, UK spec with mph clocks
    40020151C is the part number for 748E S and R, 996 and 998 from MY01-03, with kph clocks

40020141B appears to be the part number for 748 and 996 MY00 with mph clocks but the variations a, c and d will most likely include the miles/km as well as temperature in c/f variations for the various market areas (Japan, EU and Australia, US gets UK spec clocks)
    I have no info on MY94-99 bikes and the P8 ecu clocks are not compatible with the 1.6 and 5.9 ecus

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Paul, pop into see Russ and he’ll try a new set of clocks on your bike for you. He’ll fit them for a few quid and has quite a few new clock sets kicking about.
    We could pop over one evening when you’re ready.

Ian

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Cheers Denzel and Ian - much appreciated.

I may have a plan B as I was mainly trying to get a replacement temp gauge ( cracked lens).

I think I've found a complete new set for reasonable money and am thinking I can strip out the temp gauge and sell the remaining parts to make some of the money back.

It's difficult being a tight northerner yer know............

11. Gauge part numbers are
    40440061A for Centigrade and 40440071A for Fahrenheit, I wonder how much just the gauge is new? If you ever see a white one let me know, I have the same problem but I've never seen white clocks on any other 916/748 and never seen them for sale

IMG_0001 (2).JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information