1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Clutch Prob

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gary Warren, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Hi All. Got a problem. Clutch fluid has disappeared from the reservoir no signs of fluid from the pipe or reservoir could a seal have gone in the slave. Just noticed some fluid in the belly of the fairing but not as much as I would expect. It's an after market slave anyone got any ideas. Thanks in advance

2. Almost certainly got it in one Gary. :upyeah: I don't need to tell you, it's either see if you can dismantle and get another seal or hunt for a replacement complete unit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Take off the slave and the sprocket cover and see if there is fluid running down as it mixes with chain lube and it's easy to mistake it.
    I have an Oberon on both my 996 and 900ie so if your slave is knackered i'd replace with one of these, they are pricey but come with a lifetime (return to base) warranty as standard, and no i don't work for them:grinning:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cheers Chris. Will take it out over the weekend

5. Thanks Wayne. Lube does look a tad damp around the sprocket .will remove slave over the weekend. Much Appreciated.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. As @WAYNE said, Oberon all the way. RSR Moto do a pretty decent one too, for a few pennies less. @richgilb is the man for RSR. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cheers mate. The Slave on the bike is a MPL brand which I'm going to order a seal kit for £13.50 if this doesn't work I'll go for the Oberon

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information