1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Dave Hewson

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by DucatiScud, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Stumbled over this as I was researching Tuono V2’s

• Like Like x 4
  2. Yeah watched it last summer, slightly hard work at times but knows his stuff, he’s just done a R1 which is pretty cool

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes his portrait filming and general technique was a little irksome, but interesting non the less.

4. I'm out at Comic Sans.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. He films them properly from the 3-4th Episode, and now he does quite okay videos. In general I have to say there's a lack of decent technical rebuild stuff on Youtube at the mo. I like DesmoWerx but he isn't doing so much, LambChops seems to have given up on his Hypermotard (I suspect it didn't return enough views so he's going back to reviewing bikes) and the others I follow aren't doing much.

• Like Like x 2
  6. It not my favourite font I always tried to steer clients away from using it, the curse of the digital age I’m afraid. The amount of van lettering designs I was shown knocked up by children on a PC that they thought were great makes me cry even after 10 years out of that side of graphics.

Imagine being something like say a builder and the client invites you to see the plans his 9 year old has knocked up on his home PC and that is what he wants built. :weary_face:

Apparently dyslexics persons find it easier to read but have no explanation as to why, hence it’s mass appeal I guess.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Thanks for the heads up on that one :upyeah: I’d never come across him before.

8. NP, only came across whilst looking into Tuono V2’s. Short and concise with a little bit of humour what’s not to like. Well apart from the Comic Sans but well it’s so ubiquitous these days……:). His Tuono listings are worthy of a watch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dave is a great guy and is just down the road from me. I use him for suspension setup and to look after my trackbike. He knows his stuff and is always happy to help whenever i need it.

He's currently spannering for the Truelove brothers, a very small outfit with very little budget, but Harry won at Donington in the British Supersport class yesterday which is amazing!

Dave also races in the TT which takes some balls to do!!

• Like Like x 4
  10. He’s a great watch IMO, in his test ride of the 748 he turns on an island I recognise from my visits to Pete Boast. BP station and a transport cafe sit next to it. Maybe he lives close to Pete flat track school.

Here he is racing

#10 DucatiScud, Aug 16, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. He lives in Washingborough, Lincoln

• Like Like x 1
  12. Think Pete’s school is Glentham.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information