1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Engine Noise , Not The Clutch

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Perry Coleman, Sep 23, 2018.

1. I got a 2000 Ducati 748 I'm restoring . I'm about ready to toss the engine its making so much racket . Everyone I talked to said oh its just a Dry clutch Ducati . This noise is coming from inside the engine . I have a video of the bike running with clutch removed . So you can here the noise with out a clutch . I'm not sure if you can post video on this forum

2. Post it and try. No way the noise has to be so bad you have to junk the engine. All can be rebuilt. Just take a look at some of the treads on here.
    Oh, and by the way, before you get bolloked by El Toro, introduce yourself properly in the Newbies forum. We’ve all had to do it. Pictures of the bike, including bins, are obligatory.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Depending on where you've uploaded the video. Such as with youtube, you can simply highlight the share link on y/t. Copy & paste that into a 'media' link on this site. The media icon looks like a double film piece ...basically look for the smiley face & two to the right. Then paste the link & post it up for viewers too access an opinion Perry.

4. Thread moved

5. Have you checked the alternator? When mine came loose it sounded just like a rattly clutch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Have you any previous use out of this bike, the engines are naturally agricultural and noisy, particularly around the clutch area, backlash in the primary gears are quite noisy, try and get the video up so the knowledgeable may have a better idea.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  7. I will try to post the video this afternoon after work. I bought another engine for less than I can rebuild this one for ducati 748 a.jpg

8. Yeahhh, it’s YELLOW. Good man Perry, that’s the best colour, despite what everyone else on here might think. :);)

9. Welcome buddy to the forum:upyeah:how very strange as i rode my bike down the road yesterday with the same look as yours but also with the headlight missing but seat in place (had a techincal problem and needed all the fairing off to inspect)it was a very weird and cold riding experience with no mirrors and nosecone/fairing etc

Do Not Sell My Personal Information