1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Minor Tank Scrathes

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Pidge1969, May 25, 2018.

1. My lovely 748 has three very minor-ish scratches on the tank almost hairline.
    Is there anyway I can polish these out, or repair them so they don’t look amateurish and sh*t? They are too deep for t cut any ideas greatfully received.

Mark

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. He's going out with Rob Lewis :eek: you would think he would ask him :thinkingface: perhaps they have had a tiff :blush:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. If they are hairline....you could try Bilt Hamber cleanser polish on a foam applicator...this will remove ' micro ' scratches and ' fill ' in heavier marks....its outstanding stuff....and you can do this by hand.....if yer going to do this then do the whole tank.....you will be pleasantly surprised at the finished result.....IF you can feel the scratches with your finger nail then they are TOO deep to remove safely and the only remedy is to have the tank repainted.....hope this helps.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Foam applicator? Bit of sponge? Or something more tech?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ya can't polish a rear disc straight!

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. Dammit...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. You can if the remaining material is still above the manufacturers recommended lower tolerance :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thank you for the advice I’ll try some Bilt and see how it goes.
    Cheers all.

9. Thank you for the advice I’ll try some Bilt and see how it goes.
    Cheers all.

10. I use poor boys black hole on a red 959. Fills them in great but obviously they come back. Sure there's different types for different colours so worth checking out.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information