1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Not Been Started For A Month Was Running Rough Hesitant For A Few Miles Then Came Right

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Glenb, Apr 1, 2019.

1. I haven’t started my 748 for around a month / 6 weeks or so , thought I’d give it a bit of a run , started ok but was hesitant on revving , so I thought I’d take it out , ran but was a bit jerky and had to keep the revs up a bit like something wet electrically sort of thing anyway I persevered for a few miles then all of a sudden ran totally normal again and I did another sort of 20 miles on it and it was perfect , I had a full desmo service on it a few months since so everything’s been done on it and I had used it a few times since and it was bang on but this was the longest I had not used it for , could a slightly low battery cause this , thanks just wondering if it’s normal when they haven’t been used for a while

2. Could have been condensation in the fuel tank, sucked a bit of water though.

3. Yes that’s the sort of thing it sort of felt like ,

4. If there was enough power in the battery to start her, then it wasn't a battery problem, if it wasn't charging it would have got worse and eventually stopped.
    Hope its sorted itself out.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gummed up fuel system , I put in some injector cleaner , worked great! Got rid of my intermittent hesitation issues

BG 44K® Fuel System Cleaner is very good

Do Not Sell My Personal Information