1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748r/1198rs Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by deleteduser211220, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Some may know that I am in the middle of a 1098 transplant into a 748R frame.

Here a some dodgy pics.

F09 rads
    7481098.jpg

Two ride height rod system.
    7481098b.jpg
    1098RS swinger
    1098RS arm.png

Oil cooler pipes made and fitted

7481098d.jpg

@Nelson Corse airbox

7481098f.jpg

Under seat breather. Am making an adj. bracket to fit the TC unit onto. Also waiting for @andyb to make nice ally pipework for it (still have to ask him)

7481098c.jpg

Trying to source some RS water pipes

7481098e.jpg

1199R calipers

7481098g.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Looking good :upyeah:. Andy

3. nice yokes......

4. They are fab, just wrong offset ;)

5. can that lower oil cooler pipe come away from the exhaust a bit.........perhaps a bit longer??

Its only around 9 weeks away from shake down............:cool:

6. There is a fair gap, will look into getting that heat shield tube stuff for pipes/cables.

Still waiting for the special rocker to come from the US. Looking highly unlikely to be done on time for the trip, so will prob be taking the FE. Still have the 999 here that was never paid for or collected.

7. is he still sulking....

8. Not heard a peep.

9. Very nice and very interesting to see. It makes me feel like doing something just for the for the hell of it at some point, have enough bikes at the moment.

10. Have a Monster S4 frame available, that has been readied for a 999 or 1098.
    Monster update 1 march 14 016.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tempting but heart must rule head!! At the moment I would rather be able to pay for the central heating gas bill!!!! been in trouble in the past for wasting money on toys too many times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. wow, that looks like fun,
    does the swinger and shock bolt on without frame mods?
    what exhaust you gonna use and how are you planning on routing it?
    can you get a master cylinder and rotors that will work with those calipers.i heard that its not so easy?

keep em coming

13. Swinger mounts straight in. The rocker needs modding 5mm to the left or a special one being made from a guy on ducati ms.

A 1098r leo vince corsa system was modded by Chad rcv4.

Calipers fit straight on with 1098 discs and 1098 oz wheels.
    20141031_154256.jpg 20141031_154233.jpg 20140701_143141.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  14. That's gonna rock :)

15. Looking good final_edition. Watching with interest.

We'd like to ask for your permission to publish your build in our Bike Builds Encyclopedia.

Our site (BikeBuilds.net) organizes bike projects in one convenient location with the goal of
    reaching more interested builders than possible for any single forum. We always fully credit
    the original builder by linking back to your original forum thread, credit your username, and
    include a small image (similar to those displayed by Google Images) of your build.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just shoot me a PM with a link to
    the build thread and we’ll take care of the rest. If you wish to add your build personally,
    please feel free to peruse our Submit feature. No registrations required.

Al

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Dtc bracket made and fitted. Needs some radiusing and final polishing.

20150207_153201.jpg

20150207_153113.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  17. That is looking cracking mate.. wish i had the funds to get on with mine:( The shock rocker you are getting made, is it flatter than the original? just remember a thread somewhere on em and get the correct pivot and maybe clear the exhaust the chap had made one that was... or is it just to offset it?

18. mate you need to wipe that 84... bit off....:upyeah: lowering the tone!

19. It is flatter and with the offset for exh and rod alignment.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Real world unit that is :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information