1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748r - Monoposto Subframe Fitment Help

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Nick JenksNZ, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Hi all,

I own a 2000 748R here in New Zealand and bringing it back to former glory - for the previous owner it was 'just another bike' & used to commute to work amongst other things..

It has a Biposto rear subframe currently fitted (by previous owner, as he wanted to take his wife for rides as passenger!) and I have sourced an original Monoposto alloy subframe but unsure if will fit so hoping you will help before I purchase (as not cheap).

Bike has been verified by Ducati in Italy as a genuine 'R' via engine/frame number, and has all other factory correct parts so no dramas in that regard.

Aware that possibly the 'R' ECU's are mounted sitting across the frame via the 4 x bolt fixing points & are not mounted front-rear as set up currently?
    Hopefully the wiring loom is still as per original so will be long enough to return to position (you guys may tell in photo).

Thanks for all your help in advance,
    Nick

Current rear subframe & ECU set up:

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068 (002).jpg

Monoposto subframe for sale:

IMG_0313.PNG

2. Welcome Dave. Why don’t you introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too please :)

3. Looks like the original wire loom mate as it's bent round in the bp sub frame. Looks like you shouldn't have a problem there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looks good to me too. I'd seal up the ECU bung when you get a sec too. Don't need the original sticker but they do look nice. I'd be inclined to check that the ECU Eprom hasn't been changed or fiddled with and also just check that the engine has all the original R bits (cams, heads, injectors etc.)
    Why wouldn't the PO keep the original subframe for refitting later?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome aboard Nick:upyeah:...can we please have a full larger photograpths of the above motorcycle.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is that an SPS subframe for a P8 ecu?

7. Does this help?

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 11.21.31.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. i think Ricky is on to something..
    SPS
    Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 11.24.39.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. other type...
    Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 11.28.32.png

might need a photo from someone with a 2000 748R

• Like Like x 1
  10. This is the P8 style subframe, the one with the 4 holes should be correct for the ECU as shown in the first post.

I've got this type (P8 style) of subframe on my 916 and I had to get creative to fit the ECU.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks Martin, good idea. Can you buy the ECU seal stickers anywhere?
    Engine has all R parts (cams, heads, injectors etc), frame, airbox, wheels & airbox correct plus from what I've been told ECU is original - no idea why the original subframe wasn't kept - lets just say PO was a special type, probably just decided he didn't need it in the future?
    I even had the bike inspected for crash damage in case that was the motive to change, but is all fine is that regard.

#11 Nick JenksNZ, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  12. Thanks guys, a good help.

From what I can tell the frame offered is correct for the year & ECU style.
    Will suit the ECU no problem (ie not P8) due to the mounting points & loom length due to it being routed around as suggested.

Did the R's come with an underseat tool kit fitted?

Does anyone have a monoposto undertray for sale?

Full pics of the bike as requested
    (tank is sitting up as have had it off due to fuel connector leak. Also re-fitting the original rear light, indicators & number plate holder onto bike too - previous owners work to fit LED set up & number plate under mufflers etc etc)

IMG_5802 748R.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg IMG_0326.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have a carbon fibre monoposto undertray that I might be tempted to part with once all this Corona shit has died down, if you can be bothered to wait.

PM me if interested.

My 02 R has an under seat tool kit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. That’s an RS/Corse subframe as made by Pierobon (as are all the others, aluminum alloy), it doesn’t have the lock fitment. I have one of those on my 998.

• Like Like x 1
  15. G'day mate ...sorry I'm a kiwi abroad so couldn't resist.
    I had same model, you'll find the original aluminium frame is very light, but not strong, I had two little plates added to stiffen it after it cracked, will see if I have a pic. Great bikes - one of the best...enjoyyyy.

16. Hi mate - all good, know the feeling spent years overseas myself. Hope the family are all OK here?

That'd be awesome if you could find a pic, & pleased to hear you enjoyed your bike!

17. kia ora bro! welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  18. again... lol.. i must wear my glasses more...

19. lol cheers mate - happens to us all :laughing:

20. going a lil stir crazy here in london.. im just whats apping my family in nz. mum in Napier bros and sis in auckland and whangarei.. id love to be in nz at the min..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information