1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748r & S Spotted At Willingham Today...

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Ben Mallinson, May 21, 2017.

1. As per thread title, spotted a couple of lovely 748's at Willingham Woods this morning. The R was absolutely stunning!

Anyone on here?

2. I've just bought an S and only live half an hour away but it's currently displaying its "character" in the workshop wanting a battery and a clutch slave cylinder. I'll be there soon though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey, there is a good few of us from the Lincolnshire area and a few of us that have a meet up and ride out on a regular basis if your interested in meeting up at some point.

Its worth keeping an eye out on the 2017 Lincolnshire Ride Outs thread for info on who's doing what.

Keep us updated with your progress on the bike :)

4. Sounds good. I'm heading out today for a pootle round. Just fitted a new battery and clutch slave cylinder and given it a deep clean. I'm based in Kirton Lindsey and would like to have a run out with you guys if possible. I'll have a look on the ride out thread and introduce myself there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds good :) We pass through Kirton Lindsey regularly on the bikes! I'm based in Burton upon Stather so not far away at all really.

Yes, definately pop long to the 2017 Lincolnshire thread and introduce yourself... Would be great to have you come along for a run out ;)

6. I go away for a couple of weeks and I come back to what appears to be an extended beach... I'm not digging the new gravel-look roads at all. Had a quick flyby through the woods as my pocket was ringing, for a very sunny evening the roads were pretty quiet.

7. Not seen many so far this year but I know exactly what you mean! Our council's seem to love challenging us bikers with dumping loose chippings on our fine roads and fast corners, seen a few squeaky bum moments over the years when the signs have blown over and I've gone in to corner fully committed when making progress! Certainly seems to catch a few unlucky riders each year and does a good job of taking the shine off belly pan fairings :/

8. They're kind of hard to miss, Ben. All done in the last few days too by the look of the thing...

Chippings right past my house in Kelsey, between Waddingham and Redbourne, between Glentham and West Rasen, between North Kelsey and Howsham... loads of decent corners completely knackered. It's a right to do. :-(

9. Bloody infuriating isn't it... Thanks for the heads us anyway, will be a week or so at least before I'm back out and up your way I would think anyhow so hopefully they will have been dispersed nicely by then ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information