1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749/999 Black Swing Arm Chain Adjusters

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by RickyX, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Excellent ^ have now become "tried and tested" :upyeah:

2. Best way to test on track without a doubt :upyeah:

3. That looks mint, I. Looks like you got a bargain there!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeh it’s good mate, changed the gearing to 14/41 yesterday, it was so much better! Instant drive and great power wheelies :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. What the hell are those rearsets bolted to?

6. The frame!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks like a solitaire board..
    20200618_163409.jpg

8. Just needed more adjustment, 6ft frame was struggling!

9. This is a clearer close up!

50814BB2-B529-473E-8995-0CF55C5B731F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. I received mine last week and installed them today. My impressions are that:
    - These are very nicely made
    - Being able to very quickly and accurately adjust chain slack and chain line is really nice!

I do believe that there is some room for improvement, though:
    - The tolerances are very tight, which is generally a good thing. I found that when I tightened the forward securing bolt, the frame of the adjuster distorted slightly. This is likely because Ducati's tolerances are not as tight as Jamie's. This, in turn caused the axel holder to bind in the adjuster frame. The problem was worse on the left side because the axel holder flange is wider than on the right. The simple solution was to remove a bit of material from the axel holder flanges, and to use some grease. I also found, as others have noted, that the wheel spindle did not fit the left side axel holder. I removed material from the axel and gave it a bit of tap with a hammer to get it to seat in the holder. It'll be tight when removing it next time, but after a few times, it'll be fine. This will likely make a good machinist cry, but I believe that some of the tolerances should be opened up a bit.
    - My solution to the rear hold-downs was to remove 5/32" of material. This allowed them to fit flush with the adjuster frame, and hold the frame securely at the back.

Overall, I'm pleased. Thanks for taking this project on Jamie!

IMG_1645.JPG IMG_1648.JPG IMG_1646.JPG

#450 FourRings, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Hey Guys, has anybody seen Jamie??
    Haven't heared from him since weeks!

12. im here.... work has been mental. @aprieposh we need to sort out getting your adjusters returned so we can ship the right colour.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information