1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 749/999 Carbon Tank And Dymag Cf Wheels.

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by yellowducmaniac, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offered for sale ,my 23L kamna carbon fibre fuel tank to fit 749/999 series ( Cost £1250), in colour matched Ducati 'fly' yellow, Caswell sealed and in excellent condition, complete with trick TWM billet quick release fuel cap and dp tank protector.
    Also for sale a pair of 5 spoke Dymag Carbon fibre wheels again to fit 749/999,in nice unmarked condition (Cost £2200). Pictures to follow, looking for around £1600 all in. please feel free to pm me, and shoot me down in flames if you think i'm asking too much!

• Like Like x 1
  2. having a change mate ??

3. Yep, Been tempted away by an Aprilia RSV4 factory...time to try something else, i'll probably regret it but we're only here once.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Yes am definitely interested, please PM some photos and your general whereabouts in the country thank you :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lincs/Cambs

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. What would you want for the wheels? Do they have discs and cush drive?

7. PM sent.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Pics of the tank...wheels hopefully sorted...final pic shows comparison between stock tanks and carbon, it weighs 3.8kilos roughly half of the steel tank.I will leave them on here until sunday evening to give our good forum guys first dibs,if I don't get any bites it will be going on that (in)famous internet auction site...pm me if interested. 20171006_154933.jpg 20171006_154940.jpg 20171006_154954.jpg 20171006_155407.jpg 20171006_154841.jpg

#10 yellowducmaniac, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  9. I phoned Dymag today about these wheels and spoke to an extremely helpful and informative chap named Simon from their technical side to ask about these wheels and this was their response:

"None of the materials used in those wheels will degrade over time. As long as there is no structural damage to the wheels, which will be visible to the naked eye, then the wheels will be fine to use regardless of their age. The only aspect of the wheels that can degrade over time is the top coat which, if left in the California sun for a very long time may start to yellow as the top coat will be affected by the UV but this will take a considerable amount of constant UV exposure and even then will in no way affect the integrity of the wheel. These wheels do not 'go off' or have a use-by date so you can buy with confidence, just check for cracks and any delamination occurring. We still rebuild that series of wheels too so if, down the line, you have any issues due to accident damage or whatever, we can rebuild the wheel for you at the factory, this includes but is not limited to, replacement of the cush drive, the hubs, and the carbon wheel itself."

:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thought these had sold :eek:

11. So did I....never mind.

Still available folks,pm me if interested,freshly weighed this morning rear..4.8kilos,front 2.8kilos.
    Rear includes integral cush drive housing. Will get some pics on here later.

#13 yellowducmaniac, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  12. No no no no no. No, Loz. No.

Someone - please buy (not you, Elise).

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. @Loz - The ONLY reason I am not buying these wheels is because BMW have just announced that bloody HP4 RR Race limited edition bike at just under 148Kg dry weight, which is just under a few kilos lighter than my Franken9 build - therefore I've got to find additional bloody weight loss on my bike, otherwise I would be driving up there this week to collect them! If you're not on the same insane mission as I then they are a bargain IMO :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nothing I can do about this for a couple of months in any event due to work. Thankfully, by the time I am sorted, someone else will have snapped them up and I can breathe easier then.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  15. @Loz get yer wallet oot yer tight wad!

16. tum tee tum tee tum :eyes:

17. Don't start. Apart from ExactStart, you can carry on doing that.

18. Buy them are (almost - in case I want to buy them) a bargain

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information