1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749 / 999 Exhausts For Novices

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Sev, Mar 22, 2016.

1. XX9 exhausts

#1 Sev, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yes they are cheaper

No

Akrapovic.. Good luck finding one of those. I liked the Zard systems.

I have the Termi Asymmetric on my 999 quality was poor and it was always fracturing, had to have it welded up a few times. Storm Exhausts make a nice 999 ti system

3. I have a full Storm 58mm ti system (except manifolds to heads. They are stainless for durability) Has just been repacked by Phil at Storm. Complete with plate, rear light hanger. Also got baffles somewhere too.

It will fit a deep sump, grey swingarm 999

Bloody loud!!

Here is a link to a storm rear can.

Forgot to mention, I am selling it ;)

#3 ducati dad, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I have asy termi on my facelift base(deepsump)and find the noise level just right. Loud enough but not offensive and possible to trickle about without rattling windows.
    Mine was fitted from new, done 32,000 miles with no cracks.
    Have seen bikes with full systems with melted fairings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ive the Termi Asymmetric on my 06 999s, quality seems ok, it came on the bike fully polished, only gripe I have is its to quiet imo,
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. I find my Termi 57mm full system quite fruity. Very raspy at high rpm.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Perhaps someone could confirm my system, I think rear term silencer but think it slipped onto original pipe work?, best noise level I've heard without race spec included in that, make sure you do quite clutch mod to make the most of what you hear! IMG_0259.jpg IMG_0002 (2).JPG IMG_0013 (3).JPG

#7 andyt749, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. There are at least three different Akrapovic systems for a 999. One with a titanium oval-shaped silencer with a single outlet, an oval-shaped one with two round outlets and the holy grail - the 749RS full titanium/carbon system with an oval silencer with two triangular outlets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. No not on my bike, I believe it belongs to @final_edition . I do have the system in storage and will install it next winter :)

10. It's a 57mm system made for 749RS race bikes (WSS/BSB) only, it was not sold to private persons and doesn't have any mounts for lights or license plate. A pure factory race exhaust, full titanium pipes and a titanium/carbon silencer. Weighs only ~5kg in total. There is a 999RS version as well but it's 63.5mm and requires an RS subframe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I spent nearly 1,5 years to find mine :Wacky:

• Like Like x 4
  11. The subframe on the pic is the original "street" subframe, it just has the 749R Kit Dzus clip brackets mounted. The RS subframe is completely different with silencer mounts on the sides:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Don't think there's much difference. Hard to say for sure.

I have no idea about the power outputs - maybe @final_edition can chime in :)

13. OD of the header pipes. The asymmetric systems can't be described with "54mm" or anything like that since the headers have a different OD.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Yes

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. The two silencer inlets are the same size on all symmetric Termignoni systems (50, 54, 57mm).

16. I have had all three termi systems.

I would rank them in descending order as

57mm banana pipe - works great on a 749R, lightweight. Definitely a lot more power and torque with a good re map

Asymmetric system - a little more power, lightweight

54mm system- didn’t like this. Lost loads of engine braking. Also lightweight

never had any break over 11,000 miles usage.

custom map for each cylinder gets the best out of the bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I’ve got the same set up. As far as I know this is what’s called a half system. The larger diameter pipe (57mm?)is non original and the smaller is. With a termi no cat slip on. Fitted on the earlier grey swing arm version pre 2005 approx. I like it, it’s loud under power but not offensive when pootling around

18. think i had the same system on my 05 749s. it sounded great.. really raspy like a gp bike nearly.... (unfortunately that bike was stolen) on my 03 749 base, i have a termi slip on and a half system? one pipe is larger than the other and larger than the standard pipe that came with the spare parts.... its not bad but nowhere near as nice a the system you have.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The reason I asked is that on my 999S I had the same 57mm banana system as your bike and it was quieter by miles than my current Akrapovic 57mm system which pushed 105dB @ 4500rpm. Although the measuring equipment and other variables have a HUGE impact on the results.

20. Lovely bike you have there!

I have 57mm round (pre banana) systems on both of my 749R’s. Both very raspy and loud.
    Although not an accurate measure, my trackbike has been measured at 107dB at Snetterton and at 103dB at Brands. I think they make it up on the day...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information